- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
This shocking disregard for gender equality and women empowerwerment was revealed by the Proportional Representation legislator Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga .
It is known that Women are demanding equality in Zimbabwe or 50-50 representation in the forth coming harmonised election along with demanding that Zimbabwe’s Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts, securocrats and militarised regime should fully implement the SADC Gender Protocol.
The Proportional Representation legislator Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga told the Electoral Amendment Bill Conference organised by the Election Resource Centre (ERC) that, since Zimbabwe’s political parties are not prepared to accept gender equality, it is better to force parties to accept this through the la, which must empower ZEC to reject any party’s list of candidates which fails to meet 50-50 representation or 210 Parliamentary posts for women in the forth coming harmonised election.
“ZEC must reject the lists as a way of forcing parties to put 50 percent representation of candidates. We had a women’s conference a month ago and there were 21 parties and only 14 of them signed to the Aspirational Charter on Gender Equality, but sadly both Zanu-PF and MDC refused to sign the Charter on Gender Equality, to ensure gender equality is achieved.
Its amazing that in this mordern day and age, Zimbabwe has such disregard for women empowerment, yet women are the majority of the electorate therefore the real game changers in any vote, as they can swing the vote depending on whom they vote for or not for that matter. For some reason, they still fail to come together, speak with one voice and fight for equality by making more informed choices and decisions about where they place their ‘X’ More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya