- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Godwin Gomwe, the suspended Zanu PF youth chairperson, who has been in court on allegations of extortion, certainly breathed a deep sigh of relief when recently he was released on US$1, 000 bail with stringent attached conditions , which included , that he must reside at his house in Budiriro, and twice weekly report to a Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Station, surrender his passport to the clerk of court and should abstain completely from interfering with any individual associated with the case before the courts.
On trial, Godwin Gomwe and his alleged accomplices Fidelis Ndaradza, Haruwandi Munyaviri, Muchinerepi Mpindu, Humphrey Madenyika, Josephine Hadziende, Norah Torongo faced three counts of extortion involving $46 000, in which they
allegedly, successfully used, the President Robert Mugabe’s wife, First Lady Grace Mugabe’s name to demand protection fees from housing co-operatives in Harare.
Gomwe , is a man who, reportedly overstepped his bounds within his Zanu PF office as, he had infuriated senior Zanu PF stalwarts and as aresult, it came as no surprise when his new found freedom was short lived as he was immediately rearrested after his release on bail and sent back into custody on fresh charges of assault and contravening the Telecommunications Act.
That indeed has the hallmarks of Mugabe and his Zanu PF, who are well known for bringing down an individual and stripping him or her of everything, down to an ordinary street person or better yet, missing or dead and buried. Sibusiso Ngwenya.