- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
Godwin Gomwe, the suspended Zanu PF youth chairperson, who has been in court on allegations of extortion, certainly breathed a deep sigh of relief when recently he was released on US$1, 000 bail with stringent attached conditions , which included , that he must reside at his house in Budiriro, and twice weekly report to a Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Station, surrender his passport to the clerk of court and should abstain completely from interfering with any individual associated with the case before the courts.
On trial, Godwin Gomwe and his alleged accomplices Fidelis Ndaradza, Haruwandi Munyaviri, Muchinerepi Mpindu, Humphrey Madenyika, Josephine Hadziende, Norah Torongo faced three counts of extortion involving $46 000, in which they
allegedly, successfully used, the President Robert Mugabe’s wife, First Lady Grace Mugabe’s name to demand protection fees from housing co-operatives in Harare.
Gomwe , is a man who, reportedly overstepped his bounds within his Zanu PF office as, he had infuriated senior Zanu PF stalwarts and as aresult, it came as no surprise when his new found freedom was short lived as he was immediately rearrested after his release on bail and sent back into custody on fresh charges of assault and contravening the Telecommunications Act.
That indeed has the hallmarks of Mugabe and his Zanu PF, who are well known for bringing down an individual and stripping him or her of everything, down to an ordinary street person or better yet, missing or dead and buried. Sibusiso Ngwenya.