- MDC SG Mwonzora has declared all suspensions and expulsions made ahead of MDC's May elective congress null and void.
- Chivayo absolved by court of any criminal liability in the US$5,6 million fraud charge involving Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC)’s Gwanda solar project.
- CHOLERA FEARS, no clean water stagnant water, not draining, decomposing bodies floating in Manicaland
- Whole village, police station and government complex at Rusitu in Chimanimani swept away by cyclone floods, many dead, several missing.
- 'WHITES CAUSED CYCLONE IDAI ' -Black First Land First (BLF) SA Politician
Godwin Gomwe, the suspended Zanu PF youth chairperson, who has been in court on allegations of extortion, certainly breathed a deep sigh of relief when recently he was released on US$1, 000 bail with stringent attached conditions , which included , that he must reside at his house in Budiriro, and twice weekly report to a Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Station, surrender his passport to the clerk of court and should abstain completely from interfering with any individual associated with the case before the courts.
On trial, Godwin Gomwe and his alleged accomplices Fidelis Ndaradza, Haruwandi Munyaviri, Muchinerepi Mpindu, Humphrey Madenyika, Josephine Hadziende, Norah Torongo faced three counts of extortion involving $46 000, in which they
allegedly, successfully used, the President Robert Mugabe’s wife, First Lady Grace Mugabe’s name to demand protection fees from housing co-operatives in Harare.
Gomwe , is a man who, reportedly overstepped his bounds within his Zanu PF office as, he had infuriated senior Zanu PF stalwarts and as aresult, it came as no surprise when his new found freedom was short lived as he was immediately rearrested after his release on bail and sent back into custody on fresh charges of assault and contravening the Telecommunications Act.
That indeed has the hallmarks of Mugabe and his Zanu PF, who are well known for bringing down an individual and stripping him or her of everything, down to an ordinary street person or better yet, missing or dead and buried. Sibusiso Ngwenya.