- 'FINANCE minister appointment of William Mutumanje a.k.a Acie Lumumba, with three unresolved fraud cases and accused of "lying" that he had obtained a degree from the prestigious Harvard University, plus controversial sex tape is shocking!'
- 'MDC HIJACKED BY DICTATORS "there is no vacancy" sounds familiar and synonymous with zanupf'-Former MDC legislator Norman Mpofu
- INFERTILITY: FIRST LADY WARNS THAT stress, excessive smoking, alcohol, genetically abnormalities, fibroids, endometriosis ,pesticides or radiation are some of the causes of infertility .
- 'VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA at his Hwedza rural homestead, warned that fake prophets in Zimbabwe , singling out Talent (Muzuva) who falsely use the name of God to attack the national leadership and extort money from the suffering public will be no more'.
- 'FORMER LIB DEM LEADER AND ALSO FORMER BRITISH VICE PM, lands six figure Facebook Job at Silicon Valley , Carlifonia USA' .
POLITICAL parties, churches, civic groups and ordinary Zimbabweans have upped the pressure on President Robert Mugabe’s regime to abide by the country’s constitution which guarantees the safety of all citizens and immediately release journalist turned
activist Itai Dzamara.
After a well-attended prayer rally called for the firebrand activist at Zimbabwe Grounds on Saturday, the conveners of the meeting penned a declaration that called on the State to commit to finding Dzamara.
They said, “The head of state and government President Robert Mugabe must issue a publicised directive to the security arms of the state ordering them to finalise the search of the missing Dzamara,” read the declaration.
The declaration was countersigned by politicians and hundreds of people who witnessed the rally.
“… As concerned Zimbabweans, we demand the return of Itai Dzamara alive and unharmed,” read the statement, which was delivered on their behalf by brother and family representative Patson Dzamara.
In a separate speech delivered by opposition Mavambo/Kusile leader Simba Makoni on behalf of political parties present, politicians fingered the Zanu PF led regime for Dzamara’s disappearance.
“It is the state’s responsibility under President Mugabe’s leadership to ensure the safety of all citizens,” said the parties.
“Itai Dzamara disappeared just after he had addressed the huge gathering here demanding leadership change in the country.
“This raises suspicion that those who do not want change in Zimbabwe are the ones who abducted Itai.
“Our suspicions are further strengthened by a history of similar abductions by the state in the past years on those fighting for democracy.”
Politicians from Tendai Biti’s MDC Renewal Team were conspicuous by their absence although Biti was said to have also signed the declaration.
In a separate solidarity speech, Zapu’s vice president Emilia Mukaratirwa challenged ordinary Zimbabweans not to sit idle in the wake of the abduction of one of their own.
Transform Zimbabwe leader Jacob Ngaribvume urged the crowd to march to the Home Affairs and State security ministers to demand Dzamara’s safe release.
Civic leaders said they would continue siding with political parties that are pro-democracy as opposed to the state which was in a brazen violation of civil rights.
Firebrand clergy Bishop Ancelimo Magaya also condemned African diplomats for their silence in the face of Dzamara’s disappearance.
Family representative Patson Dzamara thanked Zimbabweans for their support, adding his family was still hopeful Dzamara shall one day return alive.
In keeping with the church tradition, politicians made tithes towards the upkeep of the Dzamara family which amounted to $1,002.
The family also received various groceries while the MDC-T Masvingo province pledged to pay school fees for Dzamara’s school going son, Pardon for 2015 and 2016.
The prayer rally, snubbed at the last minute by ousted Vice President Joice Mujuru, was attended by former Zanu PF Mashonaland West chair Temba Mliswa and former veterans leader Jabulani Sibanda.
The two now belong to the partially formed People First party, which comprises disgruntled former Zanu PF elements.
Tsvangirai and his wife Elizabeth Macheka, and Dzamara’s immediate family were part of the huge gathering which refrained from putting on any party regalia. source-newzimbabwe
photo-Supporting ‘Abducted and Missing Itai Dzamara, are Morgan Tsvangirai and wife with itai Dzamara’s children