- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
OPPOSITION MDC-ALLIANCE HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY THE ZANU PF G40 cabal, amid indications that the cabal kingpins funded the opposition outfit and did consultancy work ahead of the 2018 harmonised elections.
Former editor of The Sunday Mail Edmund Kudzayi, an MDC-Alliance sympathiser basing on his social media posts, alleged that the self-exiled former Higher and Tertiary Education Minister, Professor Jonathan Moyo, mobilised funds for the opposition party.
Mr Kudzayi on Twitter said: “Where did the money come from? It was raised by Jonathan Moyo. One unknown fact is that Jonathan Moyo did not want to publicly support the MDC in 2018, preferring to watch from the terraces.
In response, Prof Moyo said: “It’s an open secret that my TL in these streets actively supported @nelsonchamisa’s candidature in 2018. No regrets or apologies. On the media campaign you cite, I got other comrades to also give their support. For example, @PatrickZhuwao paid USD6k for radio ads on @ZiFMStereo!”
The expose vindicated former MDC vice president Mr Obert Gutu, who overtly disclosed that the MDC-A had been captured by the vanquished G40 faction.
“Some people thought that I was lying,” said Mr Gutu speaking to The Herald yesterday.
“Now the chickens have come home to roost and it has been authenticated by a known G40 sympathiser (Mr Kudzayi) that the MDC Alliance presidential candidate was bankrolled by die-hard G40 architects during his 2018 presidential campaign. To some of us, this was always a public secret.”
Impeccable sources say Prof Moyo is now Mr Chamisa’s advisor, a move which has caused divisions in the party.
Many meetings were held between senior MDC-A members and G40 elements in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Nairobi.
Mr Gutu said during the meetings, large sums of money exchanged hands, with the bulk being donated by G40 architects not reaching the MDC-A’s conventional campaign fund account.
“This is the main reason why key G40 operatives such as Shadreck Mashayamombe, Jeppy Jaboon, Kudakwashe Bhasikiti, Dzikamai Mavhaire and many others, now occupy very senior positions in the MDC-Alliance.”
Political analyst Mr Godwills Masimirembwa criticised Prof Moyo.
“Today he is with this political philosophy and ideological outlook, and tomorrow he changes,” he said. herald
WELCOME EVERYONE: 296,240 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 296,253 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,728 likes
Followed by 12,838