- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
According to a report in the Southern Eye, the former MDC-T Makokoba legislator said this during a Bulawayo Agenda-organised political parties’ debate in Bulawayo last Thursday.
“The biggest problem in opposition parties is the question of egos. These have to be set aside if real unity is to be achieved for us to work together towards removing Zanu-PF and delivering change to the people of Zimbabwe,” Moyo said.
Moyo said opposition parties will never unseat Zanu-PF unless they put aside their differences and jointly fight the ruling party as a united front.
He said it was high time leading personalities in opposition parties set aside their egos and allow for a united front to unseat Zanu-PF.
Efforts to unite opposition parties have failed due to personal differences between their leaders who once worked together to form the main opposition Movement for Democratic Change before it split several times. Source: Southern Eye