- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
Former information minister and Zanu PF MP for Chegutu East Webster Shamu has gone back to school as his political career dwindles. Shamu, the former powerful political commissar and cabinet minister for years, has enrolled at Midlands State University for a masters degree in marketing, probably to improve his curriculum vitae. On Saturday, Shamu was at MSU for orientation with other post-graduate students and this means he may miss a number of parliamentary sessions this week. “Am I not allowed to live a private life. … Please leave me alone,” he told New Zimbabwe.com when reached for a comment. Shamu was kicked out of cabinet last December for allegedly being part of the Joice Mujuru cabal which faced allegations of plotting President Robert Mugabe’s ouster. Currently, he is just an ordinary MP and serving a three year suspension from the party for being part of the Mujuru clique. His move comes as the speaker of the national assembly, Jacob Mudenda has appealed to legislators to improve their education so that they could competitively debate policy issues and be able to discharge their duties competently. The trained radio presenter is also a businessman with interests in the fuel sector, travel and tourism and retail among other sectors. source-newzimbabwe