- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
Pamela Anderson has lashed out at the UK over her close friend Julian Assange’s arrest saying “you are America’s b****” and needed a diversion from “Brexit bull****.”
The WikiLeaks founder, 47, was dramatically arrested today and dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy by police after nearly seven years holed up inside.
Assange was seized by police and faces possible extradition to the US after Ecuador abruptly withdrew asylum from him. He was arrested for failing to surrender to the court and was taken into custody to a central London police station this morning.
Scotland Yard later issued a statement saying he had been further arrested on behalf of US authorities on arrival at the police station in relation to an extradition warrant.
Former Baywatch star Anderson has visited Assange in the embassy several times over the years and has publicly called for him to be allowed to walk free.
Julian Assange winks and sticks his thumb up for photographers as he arrives at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in the back of a police van (Getty Images)Following news of his arrest, she tweeted: “I am in shock.. I couldn’t hear clearly what he said? He looks very bad. How could you Equador ? [Sic] (Because he exposed you). How could you UK. ? Of course – you are America’s b**** and you need a diversion from your idiotic Brexit bull****.”
In a separate tweet, she said: “And the USA ? This toxic coward of a President he needs to rally his base? – You are selfish and cruel. You have taken the entire world backwards. You are devils and liars and thieves. And you will ROTT And WE WILL RISE.”Extraordinary footage showed a bearded Assange ranting and struggling as he was carried out of the embassy by police officers.
Assange took refuge in the embassy in 2012 to escape extradition to Sweden, where he was wanted for questioning on sexual misconduct allegations.
He has been living inside the embassy for almost seven years in the belief that he would be extradited to the United States for questioning for publishing thousands of classified military and diplomatic cables through WikiLeaks.
Though allegations of rape against him were eventually dropped, there was still an active warrant for his arrest in Britain for failing to comply with bail terms.
He will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court later today. yahoo