- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe, who last gave a state of the nation address in 2007 when the Zimbabwe dollar crashed as inflation rocketed beyond any imaginable amount of zeros and the Zimbabwean dollar, collapsed, paving way for a multicurrency system will next week Tuesday deliver a state of the nation address To Zimbabwe’s Parliament.
This is an obvious acknowledgement of the local and international pressure bearing down upon Mugabe and his illegitimate Zanu PF regime for him to check and bring under control the spiralling chaotic economy.
The State of the nation Address was officially announced by Zimbabwe’s Senate President Edna Madzongwe yesterday in the Upper House of Parliarment.
According to Senate President Edna Madzongwe, Mugabe will address Parliarment On the State of the Nation in the National Assembly chamber on Tuesday August 25 at 1500hours Zimbabwean Time.
To the discerning eye this may look like the president has finally got his eye on the ball but unfortunately not as this is a 91 year old dictator who has ruled for over 35 years andis alleged to have lost every election since independance but maintains a firm grip on power using a heavily partisan military, police force, judiciary system and other undemocratic means to ‘legitimise’ his continued monopoly over power and wealth in Zimbabwe.
He has typically lost all excuses for brainwashing people after the liberation struggle and western sanctions mantra have all now turned out to be irrelevant and outdated arguments against the people’s continued suffering yet his corrupt , criminal caucus of securocrats, Zim1 family, and illegitimate Zanu PF regimehave all become filthy rich multimillionaires overnight. By Sibusiso Ngwenya. see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com