- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
The cross is pictured in the smoke from the inferno. Firefighters have said the fire is out now, no one was killed. Two French billionaires have already pleged €300million towards the rebuilding of the cathedral which is estimated to cost billions in repair.
French president Macron has said this is a national treasure and the government will do everything to repair the building. He visited Notre dame twice yesterday, first when the fire started and later towards midnight. Most of the iconic artwork and treasure in it was untouched by the fire as restoration work was going on so the artefacts had already been moved.
When the fire took hold, people forned a human chain and pulled out remaining artefacts which were then taken by police escort to other safe places in the city. The iconic image of the cross in the inferno has left a powerful image in the hearts of observers. Photo-dailymirror. More news to follow. Sibusiso Ngwenya.