- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
A grade six pupil at Mushumbi primary school in Mbire district, Mashonaland Central, allegedly went berserk and started attacking other pupils including three teachers before destroying window panels.
The boy (name withheld) is reported to have caused the havoc soon after break time around 11am forcing the headmaster to dismiss the whole school and calling the police to help apprehend him.
One of the teachers at the school who spoke in confidentiality said the boy was so possessed to the extent of almost killing one of the teachers who tried to restrain him from assaulting others.
“We were shell shocked to see the boy assaulting his colleagues three teachers tried to restrain his but to no avail instead on the teachers identified as M r Zinyemba escaped death by a whisker when he was grabbed by the throat only to be released when he was motionless.
“Villagers and teachers failed to apprehend him and called the police who used maximum force in handcuffing him after he had destroyed window panels.
When Bulawayo24.com visited the school, almost quarter of the schools window panels were destroyed including the headmasters office.
Meanwhile, Schools heads were advised to be on the watch out of strange happenings in schools at a Heads meeting held in Mbire on Friday.
by Simbarashe Sithole