- Zimbabwe will not renew expired passports which still have blank / unused pages 'Its simply showing us that they do not need the passports'
- Henessy Dube (40) of Entumbane , fake Doctor for six months at Mpilo Hospital, allegedly masqueraded as a top (CIO) officer
- Born Rhodesian ‘Sibusiso Ngwenya ' a.k.a Nyamangara, totem Gushungo proudly 50% Ndebele, 50% Shona 100% Zimbabwean!
- 5 Rusape villagers Jonathan Elias (43), Michael Bhunu (47), and Ambrose Gogo (42) fatally assaulted boy (14 accused of stealing a hen .
- BULAWAYO CITY COUNCIL BCC INVITES UNIVERSITY GRADUATE APPLICATIONS for a post graduate traineeship
A 20-YEAR-OLD Plumtree rape victim has withdrawn charges against two men who allegedly took turns to attack her saying she had forgiven them as they committed the crime while under the influence of alcohol.The woman allegedly met Itai Johanes (23) and Simbarashe Chingori (32) outside a bar in Plumtree at around 3am and they allegedly pretended to be Good Samaritans and offered her free transport home. They then allegedly diverted from their way home and raped her at knifepoint.
Johanes and Chingori appeared before Plumtree magistrate Mr Taurai Manwere yesterday and they were told that the rape charges against them had been withdrawn before plea. They were released after being locked up for two weeks at Plumtree Prison. In her withdrawal affidavit submitted to the court, the woman said she felt pity for the families of the two men.
“I hereby withdraw charges against Johannes and Chingori because they have shown remorse over what they did. We stay in the same neighbourhood and they are both family men.
“If they go to prison no one will take care of their families. When the incident happened we were all drunk and I feel that they did what they did under the influence of alcohol. I haven’t been influenced by anyone to withdraw the charges,” she said in her affidavit.
Prosecuting, Mrs Rose Sibanda said on the day in question Johanes and Chingori offered the woman a lift. She agreed as she and Johanes lived in the same area.
However, the two allegedly diverted into a bushy area where they took turns to rape her at knifepoint.
“Johanes and Chingori saw the woman standing by the entrance of Dumms Night Club at 3am and they offered her a lift in a taxi as the nightclub was about to close. She pointed out that she didn’t have money but they offered to transport her for free. “On the way to her home . . . Chingori – who was driving the car – diverted the vehicle into a bushy area where he parked. Chingori and Johanes ordered the woman to remove her clothes but she resisted,” she said.
Mrs Sibanda said Chingori locked the car doors and ordered the woman to remove her underwear at knifepoint. Johanes allegedly raped her first while Chingori held her down to stop her from resisting. She said Johanes then held the woman down while Chingori raped her.
She said after her ordeal, the woman asked to relieve herself and when they unlocked the door she fled from the scene and reported the matter to the police.Sukulwenkosi Dube-Matutu. source-herald