- UK had 77 Coronavirus Deaths in the last 24 Hours, Bringing total To 36,870 deaths
- SA cops arrested a Zim woman (35) and 4 others aged between 28 and 42 found with smuggled cigarettes along the N1 highway in Limpopo province, worth thousands of Rands
- JK ROWLING HAS OFFERED TO PAY A YEAR'S SALARY TO THE PERSON who posted the “unauthorised” Civil Service tweet criticising Boris Johnson as “arrogant and offensive.
- UK LADY DONATES TO a soup kitchen where Samantha Murozoki is feeding the hungry with porridge at her Chitungwiza base.
- 'TWO WHITE MALINDELA VIGILANTES AND COPS IN A PRADO VEHICLE, shot and killed a ‘naked’ man dead in Bulawayo'.
POLICE and soldiers deployed in urban areas to tighten the lockdown as Mnangagwa prepares to extend lockdown
Government is set to deploy more security forces on the streets in urban areas to tighten the extended lockdown as fears of a second wave of the coronavirus grows.
This also comes as positive cases of the virus have grown and also comes as returning residents are said to be running away from quarantine centres. Health Minister Obadiah Moyo says that Government would need to tighten the lockdown to ensure that WHO guidelines on social distancing were being followed.
Meanwhile, police and soldiers yesterday locked down central Harare, ordering jay walkers and those not formally employed to go back home.
On Monday, following the easing of the lockdown restrictions by President Emmerson Mnangagwa, a lot of people flooded Harare’s central business district and ended up stranded for transport back home as the Zupco buses could not cope with the pressure.
Others ended up walking to the Zupco depot in Coventry late into the night to plead for transport. – Daily News