- 4 INJURED IN ZUPCO BUS AND haulage truck accident intersection of Seventh Street and Samora Machel Avenue on Wednesday.
- 13 staff at Mater Dei Hospital and all residents at Qalisa Retirement Village , were placed in isolation after a male resident (79) died on Saturday
- Botswana Gvt Director of Health Shipayagae, places all 57 MPs in quarantine after a parliamentary nurse tested positive for Covid-19,
- MDC ALLIANCE VP NCUBE calls for the resignation of Senators Komichi, Mudzuri and Mwonzora , for openly associating themselves with a recent court order that invalidated Nelson Chamisa's tenure as leader of the MDC opposition.
- LESSONS FOR AFRICA'S LEADERS AND THE PEOPLE REGARDING FIRST WORLD-case in Point British PM, Johnson coronavirus hospitalisation in the London St Thomas Hospital ICU
The Zimbabwe Republic Police on Sunday arrested Zimbabwe Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart and charged him with Participating in gathering with intent to promote public violence, breaches of the peace or bigotry.
Announcing on a video posted on social media on Sunday Coltart said, “I have been called for questioning at Harare Central Police this morning in connection with the meeting yesterday from which 4 teachers were abducted and beaten by CIO and later handed over to the police. Would appreciate your prayers.”
The Code says that the crime of participating in a gathering with intent to promote public violence, a breach of the peace or bigotry is committed whether the action constituting it is spontaneous or planned in advance, and whether the place or meeting where it occurred is public or private.
The human rights lawyer was however released together with the four teachers after the Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights dispatched a team of legal representatives to assist in the matter.
“I’ve been released after being charged with section 37 of the Criminal Code along with Roboh, Precious, Munya and Jess.” Coltart later said in an update. “Thank you ZLHR for the excellent legal representation from Denford Halimani and Tino Shoko. Aluta Continua!” Source – Byo24News