- HARMONISED elections on 23 August 2023 are a product of the liberation struggle that secured the Zimbabwe's independence from British colonial rule
- AT LEAST 288 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED after at least two trains were involved in a crash in eastern India after a passenger train in India's eastern Odisha state derailed and was struck by another oncoming train on an adjacent train track which also hit a stationary freight train close by
- ZIMBABWEAN MAN (49) and his 23-year-old pregnant daughter in the small Eastern Cape Town of Makhanda, South Africa die'.
- 'JOHNSON AND JOHNSON'S baby powder causes cancer?'
- SHOCK AS ZIMBABWE Parliament passes ‘Patriot Bill’The ZLHR (Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights) said the penalties were an assault on the democratic and civic spaces.
Police Assault Prominent Human Rights Activist, The Masvingo Residents Trust President,
Tiringindi spent two days admitted at Masvingo General Hospital receiving treatment for the wounds he sustained at the hands of the Police who took turns to beat him up for intervening in what he felt was an unfair arrest on a motorist.
He was examined by a Dr Zihove from the general hospital who ascertained that Tiringindi sustained, “injuries consistent with having been caused by a blunt object,” read the report from the Doctor.
He is set to appear in court for disorderly conduct and his appearance would be by way of summons.
He was accompanied by a colleague Ephraim Mtombeni.
The assault happened in full view of elected councillors for the city, Cllr Godfrey Kurauone Ward 4 and Cllr Richard Musekiwa Ward 7 – Source: Masvingo Mirror