- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
They are facing charges of possessing weaponry for sabotage and money laundering for purposes of terrorism.
Chikwekwe remanded the quartet to February 8 and advised them to apply for bail at the High Court.
The court heard that Ngwenya and Makumbe are attached to 1 Field Regiment and Zimbabwe Intelligence Corps, respectively.
The prosecutor, Michael Reza, alleged that on Friday last week around 4PM, police received a tip-off that the quartet was planning to bomb Alpha Omega Dairy’s processing plant and tuckshop during the night.
The dairy’s processing plant and tuckshop are located at Gushungo Dairy Estate, Jumbo Road in Mazowe and the property belongs to the First Family.
Acting on the tip-off, the police proceeded to the farm and laid an ambush about 100 metres from the quartet’s target.
Around 10PM, the detectives saw the men approaching the dairy’s processing plant and immediately arrested them.
They searched them and recovered four Molotov cocktails (petrol bombs), ammonium nitrate, nails and sand in 750ml brandy bottles.
They also recovered a Zimbabwe People’s Front party manifesto, party constitution and documents relating to party activities.
It is alleged that the quartet held several meetings to acquire funding during their preparation to carry out the banditry, terrorism and sabotage activities.
The quartet made voluntary indications to the police on Sunday.By Fungai Lupande. Source-chronicle