- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
POLICE MAN arrested after Sky News tv broadcast of a handcuffed Zimbabwean being assaulted by armed police
The Zimbabwe Republic police has announced that it has managed to locate the police officer who was caught on camera by Sky News abusing a citizen.
“The Zimbabwe Republic Police has made inroads into a case of assault by security agents , involving a handcuffed person along Chiremba road, Harare as seen in a video clip by Sky News,” police spokesperson Charity Charamba said.
“Number 066913FConstable Makumire was suspended form performing active police duties in September 2018 and is on bail over four counts of theft.
“He has been arrested and is assisting police with investigations into the current case.”
On Monday President Emmerson Mnangagwa reacted angrily to the video clip and said the behaviour by security forces is not consistent with the new dispensation.
“I was appalled by today’s Sky News report.” Mnangagwa said. “That is not the Zimbabwean way. I have instructed that the individuals behind this be arrested and encourage all those impacted to contact the authorities and file an official complaint.” Mnangagwa said on Monday.
The video by Sky News shows a man in grey being bundled into a private taxi van, then dragged out by a policeman. Several policemen set upon him as he sat handcuffed on the ground.
A man in a blue police uniform delivered a series of blows with all his strength. The victim looked bewildered as his attacker tried to hold his head up.
Police had earlier rubbished the video clip as a 2016 incident.
Source – Byo24News