- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
POLICE MAN arrested after Sky News tv broadcast of a handcuffed Zimbabwean being assaulted by armed police
The Zimbabwe Republic police has announced that it has managed to locate the police officer who was caught on camera by Sky News abusing a citizen.
“The Zimbabwe Republic Police has made inroads into a case of assault by security agents , involving a handcuffed person along Chiremba road, Harare as seen in a video clip by Sky News,” police spokesperson Charity Charamba said.
“Number 066913FConstable Makumire was suspended form performing active police duties in September 2018 and is on bail over four counts of theft.
“He has been arrested and is assisting police with investigations into the current case.”
On Monday President Emmerson Mnangagwa reacted angrily to the video clip and said the behaviour by security forces is not consistent with the new dispensation.
“I was appalled by today’s Sky News report.” Mnangagwa said. “That is not the Zimbabwean way. I have instructed that the individuals behind this be arrested and encourage all those impacted to contact the authorities and file an official complaint.” Mnangagwa said on Monday.
The video by Sky News shows a man in grey being bundled into a private taxi van, then dragged out by a policeman. Several policemen set upon him as he sat handcuffed on the ground.
A man in a blue police uniform delivered a series of blows with all his strength. The victim looked bewildered as his attacker tried to hold his head up.
Police had earlier rubbished the video clip as a 2016 incident.
Source – Byo24News