- 113 PEOPLE including the bride and groom have died in a fire in North Iraq at a wedding celebration.
- A Gweru woman moves around waving a placard looking for a husband.
- Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda retires and is replaced by Mnangagwa's nephew Dr Martin Rushwaya as the new Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet.
- CHAMISA HAS SHOWN his true colours as an unashamed dictator, tribalist and the driver of the satanic and evil 1979 Shona Grand Plan by imposing Shona councillors and members of parliament in Matabeleland in general and Bulawayo in particular.
- Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and Mozambique have Elon Musk's Starlink satellite internet and Zimbabwe is set to get it first before South Africa. due to delays in licensing Starlink in South Africa.
POLICE have released the names of 13 of the 14 people who died in road accidents that occurred along the Murehwa – Madicheche and Harare-Beitbridge roads on December 17 and 19 respectively.
Police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba released the names in Harare yesterday.
Munashe Matsika (14) of Musiiwa Village, Chief Chikosha, Shamva; Fidelis Chizhanje (52) of Matambanadzo Village, Chief Nyajina, Uzumba; Ashley Bepete (18) of No. 5628 Unit E, Chitungwiza; Lovemore Chaona (23) of 22 Infantry Battalion, Mudzi; Timothy Kapudza (23) of Chidodo Village, Chief Chipfuyamiti, Uzumba; Sunungukai Chisahwira (22) of Chidodo village Chief Chipfuyamiti, Uzumba.
The other victim was yet to be identified.
The Murewa- Madicheche Road accident involved a Toyota Vitz and an Isuzu truck.
Shovai Gwezu (29) of No. 8685 Peargas, Chikanga, Mutare; Batsirai Chidzikwe (39) of No. 212 Area 13, Dangamvura, Mutare; Mollen Potsekayi (20) of No. 1901 Nyamhuru, Dangamvura, Mutare; Charles Mapfumo (33) of No. 9101 Nyamauru, Dangamvura, Mutare; Tania Mhatisa (27) of Chikanga, Mutare; Cathrine Murigwa (39) of Chikanga, Mutare; Golden Manyangadze (38) of Mamvura Village, Bikita, Masvingo.
Snr Asst Comm Charamba appealed to those who were missing their relatives to proceed to Murehwa Traffic and assist in the identification of the remaining body.
The Harare-Beitbridge Road accident that occurred in Rutenga, involved a Munenzva Bus and a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. by Lawrence Chitumba. Source: Herald