- ZIMBABWE HAS BEEN RANKED AS THE most "repressed" State globally amid concerns over a shrinking democratic space in the country
- CITY OF HARARE SERVICE MANAGER shoots man in the head during Warren Park bar row
- MAN shot dead in break-in at Central Intelligence Organisation deputy director Gatsha Mazithulela, Harare Home.
- BRIGADIER CHARLES KANETA (64) has died
- BREAKING NEWS:-The Queen has died
POLICE have released the names of 13 of the 14 people who died in road accidents that occurred along the Murehwa – Madicheche and Harare-Beitbridge roads on December 17 and 19 respectively.
Police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba released the names in Harare yesterday.
Munashe Matsika (14) of Musiiwa Village, Chief Chikosha, Shamva; Fidelis Chizhanje (52) of Matambanadzo Village, Chief Nyajina, Uzumba; Ashley Bepete (18) of No. 5628 Unit E, Chitungwiza; Lovemore Chaona (23) of 22 Infantry Battalion, Mudzi; Timothy Kapudza (23) of Chidodo Village, Chief Chipfuyamiti, Uzumba; Sunungukai Chisahwira (22) of Chidodo village Chief Chipfuyamiti, Uzumba.
The other victim was yet to be identified.
The Murewa- Madicheche Road accident involved a Toyota Vitz and an Isuzu truck.
Shovai Gwezu (29) of No. 8685 Peargas, Chikanga, Mutare; Batsirai Chidzikwe (39) of No. 212 Area 13, Dangamvura, Mutare; Mollen Potsekayi (20) of No. 1901 Nyamhuru, Dangamvura, Mutare; Charles Mapfumo (33) of No. 9101 Nyamauru, Dangamvura, Mutare; Tania Mhatisa (27) of Chikanga, Mutare; Cathrine Murigwa (39) of Chikanga, Mutare; Golden Manyangadze (38) of Mamvura Village, Bikita, Masvingo.
Snr Asst Comm Charamba appealed to those who were missing their relatives to proceed to Murehwa Traffic and assist in the identification of the remaining body.
The Harare-Beitbridge Road accident that occurred in Rutenga, involved a Munenzva Bus and a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. by Lawrence Chitumba. Source: Herald