- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Riot police yesterday thwarted an attempt by opposition MDC-T supporters to hold a peaceful demonstration in Harare to push for the resignation of President Robert Mugabe and implementation of electoral reforms ahead of the 2018 polls.
There was a heavy police presence in Harare’s central business district especially along Nelson Mandela Avenue close to Parliament and MDC-T headquarters at Harvest House.
The MDC-T had organized the demonstration yesterday to protest against the Zanu-PF government’s failure to reverse the worsening economic crisis.
The demonstration was supposed to start at the intersection of Nelson Mandela Avenue and Julius Nyerere Way and end with the presentation of a petition to Parliament calling for the immediate realignment of laws to the new Constitution.