- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
Riot police yesterday thwarted an attempt by opposition MDC-T supporters to hold a peaceful demonstration in Harare to push for the resignation of President Robert Mugabe and implementation of electoral reforms ahead of the 2018 polls.
There was a heavy police presence in Harare’s central business district especially along Nelson Mandela Avenue close to Parliament and MDC-T headquarters at Harvest House.
The MDC-T had organized the demonstration yesterday to protest against the Zanu-PF government’s failure to reverse the worsening economic crisis.
The demonstration was supposed to start at the intersection of Nelson Mandela Avenue and Julius Nyerere Way and end with the presentation of a petition to Parliament calling for the immediate realignment of laws to the new Constitution.