- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
Political tension is rising in Zimbabwe, with some parts of the country being rocked by intermittent violence, riots and strikes – amid revelations yesterday that leading opposition players are ratcheting up their plans to either impeach President Robert Mugabe or force an early general election.
Well-placed sources revealed that opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai’s MDC and former Vice President Joice Mujuru’s People First movement could trigger early polls, possibly as early as this year. Source: Daily News
photo-nehandaradio-former prime minister Morgan Tsvangirai sharing a smile with former Vice President Joice Mujuru