- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
In a bid and pretext to curb terrorist activities, political violence and civil disorder ahead of this July’s historic presidential and parliamentary elections, President Emmerson Mnangagwa, working together with the country’s military and security complex is reportedly going to place Harare under a state of emergency soon, Spotlight Zimabwe, has been told.
A state of emergency is a situation in which a government is empowered to perform actions that it would normally not be permitted. A government can declare such state during a disaster, civil unrest, or armed conflict. State of emergencies, are also a situation of national danger or disaster in which government suspends normal constitutional procedures in order to regain control.
A SENIOR MILITARY OFFICER has said that “There is going to be a state of emergency a few days before or after the presidential vote, paving way for a nationwide political lockdown for a number of days until the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission has announced the presidential election winner,” one senior officer with the defence ministry said. “Nothing is being left to chance, and the army and police are on high alert. Intelligence reports indicate that opposition supporters are going to engage in violent activities and demonstrations. There are also fears that the MDC Alliance might pre-empt the election results, by announcing and declaring victory before ZEC official tabulations are out, which will cause untold mayhem in major cities and towns, thus a strong military presence shall be deployed to preserve peace and order.”
Operation Restore Legacy, which forced out Zimbabwe’s former leader, Robert Mugabe, in November 2017 is still in full gear, and RTD Gen Chiwenga (Vice President) has stated that Operation Restore Legacy is not yet over, and it will only be mission accomplished if people vote for Mnangagwa. The coming state of emergency, is the right tool needed to cow voters into retaining the status quo, without having to stage another coup.”
South Africa, have been reportedly briefed about the likelihood of the planned state of emergency, as happened in the November 2017 coup. Source – spotlight