- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
PRESIDENT EMMERSON MNANGAGWA, ZANU PF REGIME PLANS TO IMPOUND THE AEROPLANES bought by an airline linked to deposed leader Robert Mugabe’s family – which stands accused of funding the purchase of the aircraft through taxpayers ‘money a few months before the nonagenarian was ousted from power late last year.
This comes after Zimbabwe Airways clinched a surprising deal with Malaysia Airlines last year, for the acquisition of four planes – in the process making an upfront payment for two aircraft to the time for US$36 million.
Mnangagwa reportedly ordered that one of the planes – a Boeing 777 jetliner which is arriving at the Robert Mugabe International Airport today – be immediately parked among Air Zimbabwe’s fleet upon landing, until a probe establishing how Zimbabwe Airways acquired its fleet is completed.
Source – Daily News
Malaysia Airlines announced in 2012 that they had a 3 year plan (aimed for late 2014) to decommission all of their Boeing 777-200 series aircraft, to replace them with more cost effective aircraft such as the Boeing 777X, Boeing 787 Dreamliner or the Airbus A350 XWB. Coincidentally this included MH17 (M9-MRD) which vanished in early 2014 & MH370 (M9-MRO) which was said to have been shot down in Ukraine in mid 2014, both of which were Boeing 777-200ER model aircraft- source Steemit Now the old decommissioned planes because of age and flight safety questions are celebrated by Zimbabwe,..shame!