- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
PRESIDENT EMMERSON MNANGAGWA, ZANU PF REGIME PLANS TO IMPOUND THE AEROPLANES bought by an airline linked to deposed leader Robert Mugabe’s family – which stands accused of funding the purchase of the aircraft through taxpayers ‘money a few months before the nonagenarian was ousted from power late last year.
This comes after Zimbabwe Airways clinched a surprising deal with Malaysia Airlines last year, for the acquisition of four planes – in the process making an upfront payment for two aircraft to the time for US$36 million.
Mnangagwa reportedly ordered that one of the planes – a Boeing 777 jetliner which is arriving at the Robert Mugabe International Airport today – be immediately parked among Air Zimbabwe’s fleet upon landing, until a probe establishing how Zimbabwe Airways acquired its fleet is completed.
Source – Daily News
Malaysia Airlines announced in 2012 that they had a 3 year plan (aimed for late 2014) to decommission all of their Boeing 777-200 series aircraft, to replace them with more cost effective aircraft such as the Boeing 777X, Boeing 787 Dreamliner or the Airbus A350 XWB. Coincidentally this included MH17 (M9-MRD) which vanished in early 2014 & MH370 (M9-MRO) which was said to have been shot down in Ukraine in mid 2014, both of which were Boeing 777-200ER model aircraft- source Steemit Now the old decommissioned planes because of age and flight safety questions are celebrated by Zimbabwe,..shame!