- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
PRESIDENT EMMERSON MNANGAGWA, ZANU PF REGIME PLANS TO IMPOUND THE AEROPLANES bought by an airline linked to deposed leader Robert Mugabe’s family – which stands accused of funding the purchase of the aircraft through taxpayers ‘money a few months before the nonagenarian was ousted from power late last year.
This comes after Zimbabwe Airways clinched a surprising deal with Malaysia Airlines last year, for the acquisition of four planes – in the process making an upfront payment for two aircraft to the time for US$36 million.
Mnangagwa reportedly ordered that one of the planes – a Boeing 777 jetliner which is arriving at the Robert Mugabe International Airport today – be immediately parked among Air Zimbabwe’s fleet upon landing, until a probe establishing how Zimbabwe Airways acquired its fleet is completed.
Source – Daily News
Malaysia Airlines announced in 2012 that they had a 3 year plan (aimed for late 2014) to decommission all of their Boeing 777-200 series aircraft, to replace them with more cost effective aircraft such as the Boeing 777X, Boeing 787 Dreamliner or the Airbus A350 XWB. Coincidentally this included MH17 (M9-MRD) which vanished in early 2014 & MH370 (M9-MRO) which was said to have been shot down in Ukraine in mid 2014, both of which were Boeing 777-200ER model aircraft- source Steemit Now the old decommissioned planes because of age and flight safety questions are celebrated by Zimbabwe,..shame!