- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
PRESIDENT EMMERSON MNANGAGWA, ZANU PF REGIME PLANS TO IMPOUND THE AEROPLANES bought by an airline linked to deposed leader Robert Mugabe’s family – which stands accused of funding the purchase of the aircraft through taxpayers ‘money a few months before the nonagenarian was ousted from power late last year.
This comes after Zimbabwe Airways clinched a surprising deal with Malaysia Airlines last year, for the acquisition of four planes – in the process making an upfront payment for two aircraft to the time for US$36 million.
Mnangagwa reportedly ordered that one of the planes – a Boeing 777 jetliner which is arriving at the Robert Mugabe International Airport today – be immediately parked among Air Zimbabwe’s fleet upon landing, until a probe establishing how Zimbabwe Airways acquired its fleet is completed.
Source – Daily News
Malaysia Airlines announced in 2012 that they had a 3 year plan (aimed for late 2014) to decommission all of their Boeing 777-200 series aircraft, to replace them with more cost effective aircraft such as the Boeing 777X, Boeing 787 Dreamliner or the Airbus A350 XWB. Coincidentally this included MH17 (M9-MRD) which vanished in early 2014 & MH370 (M9-MRO) which was said to have been shot down in Ukraine in mid 2014, both of which were Boeing 777-200ER model aircraft- source Steemit Now the old decommissioned planes because of age and flight safety questions are celebrated by Zimbabwe,..shame!