- CIRCUS: NELSON CHAMISA SAYS HE HAS THE SOLUTIONS TO ZIMBABWE'S ECONOMIC CRISIS and has demanded that the government reverses and refunds Zimbabweans all the money they lost to government through the new tax regime, which deducts two cents on every dollar for electronic transactions.
- DEPOSED EX PRESIDENT MUGABE'S SON IN LAW Simbarashe Chikore (41) has appeared before Harare Provincial Magistrate Elisha Singano on allegations of kidnapping after handing himself in to himself to the police accompanied by his lawyer Jonathan Samukange.
- NORTON MP, Mnangagwa and Mutasa's nephew Temba Mliswa says President Emmerson Mnangagwa must take back the finance ministry from Finance minister Mthuli Ncube as the former Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa was far much better.
- FINANCE and Economic Development Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube has dumped Acie Mutumanje Lumumba, as chairman of the Communications Taskforce in the ministry, three days after his appointment.
- FOUR RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) DIRECTORS SUSPENDED after allegations of crimes ranging from off-the-books bond notes to corrupt allocation of foreign currency and running a foreign currency cartel.
PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA APPOINTS Deputy Commissioner-General Tandabantu Godwin Matanga as substantive Commissioner-General of the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP).
Deputy Commissioner-General Tandabantu Godwin Matanga was born on February 5, 1962 in Chipinge and in 1978, at 16-years of age, Matanga crossed into Mozambique and joined Zimbabwe’s liberation struggle before he was sent training in Romania and Egypt in 1979.
Comm Gen Matanga who holds several professional qualifications including Active Field Artillery, Management and Financial Management was attested into the Zimbabwe Republic Police as a patrol officer in October 1982.
Matanga was appointed Acting Comm Gen on December 19, in 2017 after the then Commissioner General, Chihuri had been retired in the aftermath of the Operation Restore Order which catapulted mnangagwa into the office of Zimbabwe’s president while mugabe was deposed.
Rtd Comm Gen Chihuri had served as Comm Gen since 2008.
His retirement came soon after the Zimbabwe Defence Forces launched Operation Restore Legacy that saw then President Mugabe resigning and President Mnangagwa took over as President.
So far, the ZRP is actively retoring order, as yesterday the organisation reshuffled 16 senior officers in the rank of chief superintendent and senior assistant commissioner as Government efforts at transforming the force gather momentum.
The ZRP Police General Headquarters human resources department has ordered all stations to effect the following transfers and suspensions with immediate effect.
Commanding Support Unit Senior Assistant Commissioner Angeline Guvamombe transferred to the Police General Headquarters as the chief staff officer human resources and replacing recently retired Snr Asst Comm Justice Chengeta.
Snr Asst Comm Guvamombe was replaced by Snr Asst Comm Isaac Tayengwa, who was heading the National Traffic Section.
According to the communication Snr Asst Comm Erasmus Makodza will remain the Anti-Stock Theft National Coordinator while the officer commanding Masvingo Province Snr Asst Comm Martha Mofolo has been transferred to Morris Depot as Commandant.
She was replaced by Asst Comm C. Dube in an acting capacity.
Assistant Commissioner Khumbulani Ndebele will remain as Assistant Commissioner responsible for Harare South district while Asst Comm Mguquka was transferred from PGHQ projects to Matabeleland South as Assistant Commissioner Administration.
Asst Comm David Mahoya -operations at Support Unit from Matabeleland North province.
Asst Comm N Chivhayo transferred to PGHQ as senior staff officer legal from the Southern Region where he was also responsible for legal services
Asst Comm Simon Mwatsikesimbe transferred to Harare Province (operations) from Mashonaland East Province.
Asst Comm Happymore Sigauke will be responsible for Chitungwiza District at Harare Province from Matabeleland South
Asst Comm L Chinhengo is acting Criminal Investigations Director.
Asst Comm Chinhengo replaces recently retired Snr Asst Comm Godfrey Munyonga.
Asst Comm N. Moyo remains as PGHQ quartermaster
Asst Comm G Hlabiso remains Acting chief staff officer transport and logistics.
Chief Superintendent C. Chingosho remains Acting chief staff officer PGHQ printers.
A week ago, over 400 Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) officers from the rank of Assistant Inspector and below were transferred, while the rest were suspended.
Most of the police officers were transferred from Morris Depot in Harare to provinces such as Harare, Bulawayo, Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North, Manicaland, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central and Mashonaland East and of the 400 transferred, a total of 19 constables were transferred to Support Unit while on suspension. More news to follow. BySibusiso Ngwenya