- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA to preside over a triple Zanu pf burial at Thieves a.ka Heroes Acre on Wednesday, an unprecedented number since 18-4-80 Independence as covid wreaks havoc across the militarised corrupt oppressive Mnangagwa Zanu pf regime which has brought untold suffering across Zimbabwe,yet they are now falling like flies..now we watch and wait in silence and this time they can’t blame opposition or Western sanctions! To put it Zimbabwean slang style ..’They do thega!’.
Lest you forget, when covid broke out a year ago, Zimbabwe’d Minister of Defence Oppah Muchinguri pictured here with president Mnangagwa literally celebrated the covid deaths in the West, proudly announcing that covid was God’s punishment to the West for so called illegal sanctions against Zimbabwe,..hmn,
I’m not sure if she is still singing the same tune!The late Minister of Foreign Affairs Sibusiso Busi Moyo, Transport and Infrastructural Development Minister Joel Biggie Matiza and former Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services Commissioner General Major-General (Retired) Paradzai Zimondi who were declared national heroes will be buried at the National Thieves a.k.a Heroes Acre on Wednesday 27 January 2021.Minister Matiza (60), who was also the Zanu PF chairman for Mashonaland East, and Maj-Gen
Zimondi (74) both died on Friday from Covid-19 while SB Moyo died on 20 January 2021.Information Secretary Nick Mangwana announced the burial arrangement on Twitter. However, he did not reveal the presiding officer for the triple burial. President Mnangagwa recently officiated at the double burial of Zanu-PF heroes.Only invited relatives and those officials who attended the last double funerals are expected to attend. – more news to follow, Sibusiso Ngwenya-online