- ZIMBABWE MAJOR CRACKDOWN ON FOREX DEALERS to net Zanu pf bigwigs top executives in banks, companies and State institutions.
- 'ZIMBABWE'S RESETTLED FARMERS will no longer get free assistance from government, such as seed, fertiliser, diesel and tractors amongst other agricultural inputs, as the command agriculture programme is "riddled with corruption'-Zimbabwe's minister of finance Mthuli Ncube
- CHAMISA vs KHUPE MDCC-T LEADERSHIP feud is still a major issue in parliarment.
- 'THE ONE WHO FELLED MUGABE' Zimbabwe's vice president RTD Gen Chiwenga has been flown back to Zimbabwe from hospital in South Africa.
- NEW NURSING REQUIREMENTS: Zimbabwe's government has tightened nursing entry requirements.
PRESIDENT OF NEWLY FORMED National Patriotic Front (NPF) founded on 7 December 2017, Ambrose Mutinhire has written to the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (Zec) to advise that NPF will contest local, parliamentary and presidential elections. Retired Brigadier Ambrose Mutinhiri was annointed the leader of Zimbabwe’s newest political party National Patriotic Front (NPF) by Robert Mugabe at the Blue roof mansion a few days ago. In theory, Robert Mugabe and Grace Mugabe are technically back in business as they draw from the same power base like Mnangagwa which is Zanu pf. With a common support base and continuing high profile defections of senior military and Zanu pf stalwarts from Mnagagwa’s camp, it looks set to be a highly interesting 2018 election. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya