- ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, carer who did not call for help and left 89 year old pensioner to die alone because she feared deportation has been jailed 33 months.
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) identifies 433 vehicles (unpaid duty) in unscrupulous shipping agents or third parties scam
- Opposition Zimbabwe Development Party (ZDP) party president Kisinoti Mukwazhe (49) died last night at Karanda Mission Hospital after a short illness.
- President Mnangagwa's spokesperson George Charamba says economic problems root in former President Robert Mugabe's reign.
- A Tree fell on a kombi, killing 2 two people in Mbare during a storm this afternoon.
PROMINENT Kadoma businesswoman and socialite, Lorraine Mashanyare, died on Saturday when a Nissan NP300 she was driving collided head on with a Freightliner haulage truck.
The accident occurred at around 2AM at the 196, 5 km peg along the Harare-Bulawayo road near Sable Chemical Industries turn off in Kwekwe.
Mashanyare, 50, of 8 Jacaranda Drive, Eiffel Flats in Kadoma, was heading towards Kwekwe when the accident occurred.
Police sources said on approaching the 196 km peg, Mashanyare lost control of the vehicle and encroached into the right lane ahead of an oncoming haulage truck resulting in the head on collision.
Mashanyare’s vehicle overturned and rolled several times resulting in her being thrown out of the car due to the impact.
She sustained severe head injuries and died on the spot.
Efforts to get a comment from Midlands Police Spokesperson Inspector Joel Goko were fruitless as his mobile went unanswered.
Police National Spokesperson, Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba could neither deny nor confirm the accident. She referred the accident inquiry back to Insp Goko.
Mashanyare was a prominent Kadoma businesswoman but was originally from Kwekwe.
She owned a number of lodges and popular nightspots in Kadoma. source-chronicle