- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
- Raunchy dancer and singer Beverly “Bev” Sibanda, tied the knot with a UK-based medical doctor Chambuka Mupudzi at the Harare Magistrates Court yesterday.
- THE Zimbabwean Embassy in SA verifies nationalities of four suspects in the murder of a senior cop in Johannesburg's Diepsloot area.
PROMINENT Kadoma businesswoman and socialite, Lorraine Mashanyare, died on Saturday when a Nissan NP300 she was driving collided head on with a Freightliner haulage truck.
The accident occurred at around 2AM at the 196, 5 km peg along the Harare-Bulawayo road near Sable Chemical Industries turn off in Kwekwe.
Mashanyare, 50, of 8 Jacaranda Drive, Eiffel Flats in Kadoma, was heading towards Kwekwe when the accident occurred.
Police sources said on approaching the 196 km peg, Mashanyare lost control of the vehicle and encroached into the right lane ahead of an oncoming haulage truck resulting in the head on collision.
Mashanyare’s vehicle overturned and rolled several times resulting in her being thrown out of the car due to the impact.
She sustained severe head injuries and died on the spot.
Efforts to get a comment from Midlands Police Spokesperson Inspector Joel Goko were fruitless as his mobile went unanswered.
Police National Spokesperson, Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba could neither deny nor confirm the accident. She referred the accident inquiry back to Insp Goko.
Mashanyare was a prominent Kadoma businesswoman but was originally from Kwekwe.
She owned a number of lodges and popular nightspots in Kadoma. source-chronicle