- 'SHEFFIELD UK Zimbabwean facing UK deportation as 2,500 Zimbabwean failed asylum seekers face 'repatriation in exchange for aid money', according to reports.'
- 'MLISWA admits he looked after ZANUPF Political Commissar, another armed mercenary who campaigned for him through intimidation '
- 'PHD didnt pay tax on mega millions from church regalia, "anointing oil" and "holy water" sales and Yadah Hotel'- Harare magistrate court
- AUTHOR Dr Charles Lovemore Mungoshi (71) in the early hours of today at Parirenyatwa Hospital after battling illness for nearly a decade.
- 'MTHULI NCUBE AND JOHN MANDUDYA DISAGREEMENT on re introduction of Zimdollar currency'
Prophet Walter Magaya fined US$700 payable on or before 8 February 2019 over HIV cure claim
Prophet Walter Magaya’s company Aretha Medical has been ordered to pay a fine of $700 which should be paid on or before February 8 2019.
Magaya who was arrested in his capacity as Director of Aretha Medical was convicted on his plea of guilty for contravening the Medicines Control Act on Tuesday.
Magaya argued through his lawyer Everson Chatambudza that he had tried to follow due process in notifying the medical authorities before announcing the drug but did not get any response.
The state case was that on 31 October 2018 Magaya made an advertisement on Yadah Television of Aguma Medicine which he claimed to be a cure for HIV/AIDS, cancer and other ailments.
“He further made claims that Aretha Medical and himself were the manufacturers of the Aguma medicine which he claimed can cure the abovementioned diseases.
“Verifications were made through the Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe and it was established that Aguma is not a registered medicine or drug in Zimbabwe. It was also established that neither Magaya nor Aretha Medical Company were authorised by the Health Professions Authority to carry out clinical tests on any human being to prove that Aguma can cure the aforementioned diseases thereby the accused committed an offence.” The State had said.
The judgment puts a closure to the latest of Prophetic Magaya’s woes after he escaped the rape allegations which raged for years before the complainant withdrew the case alleging she was forced to frame Magaya. Source – Byo24News