- Zimbabweans should brace for three more years of harship due to austerity measures-Foreign Affairs minister Sibusiso Moyo
- ACCOUNTABILITY-Kenya's Finance minister and the Finance ministry’s permanent sec and other senior officials, arrested on corruption charges.
- Zimbabwean official goes missing from Gems netball base in UK just hours before the team leaves for Zimbabwe tonight.
- Mwayera bus carrying Johane Marange church overturned at the 67 km peg on Harare-Mutare highway near Grasslands Research Station in Marondera.
- Zanu-PF Politburo member Obert Mpofu says an apology by Mnangwagwa's government over the Gukurahundi atrocities will be a disaster for the ruling party and the administration,
Prophet Walter Magaya fined US$700 payable on or before 8 February 2019 over HIV cure claim
Prophet Walter Magaya’s company Aretha Medical has been ordered to pay a fine of $700 which should be paid on or before February 8 2019.
Magaya who was arrested in his capacity as Director of Aretha Medical was convicted on his plea of guilty for contravening the Medicines Control Act on Tuesday.
Magaya argued through his lawyer Everson Chatambudza that he had tried to follow due process in notifying the medical authorities before announcing the drug but did not get any response.
The state case was that on 31 October 2018 Magaya made an advertisement on Yadah Television of Aguma Medicine which he claimed to be a cure for HIV/AIDS, cancer and other ailments.
“He further made claims that Aretha Medical and himself were the manufacturers of the Aguma medicine which he claimed can cure the abovementioned diseases.
“Verifications were made through the Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe and it was established that Aguma is not a registered medicine or drug in Zimbabwe. It was also established that neither Magaya nor Aretha Medical Company were authorised by the Health Professions Authority to carry out clinical tests on any human being to prove that Aguma can cure the aforementioned diseases thereby the accused committed an offence.” The State had said.
The judgment puts a closure to the latest of Prophetic Magaya’s woes after he escaped the rape allegations which raged for years before the complainant withdrew the case alleging she was forced to frame Magaya. Source – Byo24News