- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
Former cabinet minister and lawyer, David Coltart said he was shocked by Tomana’s sentiments.
“I am profoundly shocked by some of Prosecutor General Tomana’s comments regarding 12 year old girls & their sexuality
“In most democracies comments such as those made by Tomana would lead to them having to resign.
“Tomana’s comments show that the girl child can expect very little sympathy in our prosecutorial system & predatory men the opposite.”
Information minister Jonathan Moyo weighed in saying “Tomana’s view that 12 yr olds can consent to sex is outrageous & compromises his office!”
“If young girls were to be asked what they prefer, most would say they should be allowed to have sex after turning 12, Tomana claimed.
Journalist Sibusisiwe Bhebhe said “Absolutely no one in their right mind. Only a pedophile trying to justify what he wants to do to 12yr olds”
Chronicle Editor, Mduduzi Mathuth twitted “Society makes the rules. Children can’t vote, can’t work, can’t drive & they shouldn’t – why should we now accept they can consent to sex?”.
In his defence Tomana added , “If you look at it, we don’t have a framework for example, where we can guarantee that all our girl children are usefully engaged before they actually get above 18 years, we don’t have that,” he explained.
“We’ve nine-year-olds, 12-year-olds, 13-year-olds who’re actually not in school, who’re not doing anything for example. What are we saying to them? We say you can’t even do this [have sex], when the environment is not giving them alternative engagements? What are we talking about? Source: Byo24News