- THE CATFIGHTS BETWEEN FORMER CELEBRITY COUPLE Tytan Skhokho and Olinda Chapel eascalated yesterday in a public spat that left social media in meltdown.
- NATIONAL EMERGENCY AS CHINA SENDS 'BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS', basically an army of at least 100,000 ducks 4,827 kilometres (nearly 3,000 miles) from the eastern province of Zhejiang to Pakistan, which shares a border with the Xinjiang province. to fight locust infestation that poses a threat to regional food security.
- MALAWI PARLIAMENT ENDORSES the Cannabis Regulation Bill which allows for the farming of the three leaf herb for medicinal purposes.
- A POTENTIALLY HABITABLE EXOPLANET, K2-18b , MORE THAN DOUBLE THE size of Earth, which 'could be habitable' has just been identified.
- 'MDC-Alliance terror activist arrested in UK over a December 2019 video encouraging people to burn down service stations and businesses in Harare that he released.'
Former cabinet minister and lawyer, David Coltart said he was shocked by Tomana’s sentiments.
“I am profoundly shocked by some of Prosecutor General Tomana’s comments regarding 12 year old girls & their sexuality
“In most democracies comments such as those made by Tomana would lead to them having to resign.
“Tomana’s comments show that the girl child can expect very little sympathy in our prosecutorial system & predatory men the opposite.”
Information minister Jonathan Moyo weighed in saying “Tomana’s view that 12 yr olds can consent to sex is outrageous & compromises his office!”
“If young girls were to be asked what they prefer, most would say they should be allowed to have sex after turning 12, Tomana claimed.
Journalist Sibusisiwe Bhebhe said “Absolutely no one in their right mind. Only a pedophile trying to justify what he wants to do to 12yr olds”
Chronicle Editor, Mduduzi Mathuth twitted “Society makes the rules. Children can’t vote, can’t work, can’t drive & they shouldn’t – why should we now accept they can consent to sex?”.
In his defence Tomana added , “If you look at it, we don’t have a framework for example, where we can guarantee that all our girl children are usefully engaged before they actually get above 18 years, we don’t have that,” he explained.
“We’ve nine-year-olds, 12-year-olds, 13-year-olds who’re actually not in school, who’re not doing anything for example. What are we saying to them? We say you can’t even do this [have sex], when the environment is not giving them alternative engagements? What are we talking about? Source: Byo24News