- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
Prosecutors with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), have gone on strike in protest over the arrest of Tapiwa Kasema who is under fire for allegedly releasing the passport of former cabinet Minister, Ignatius Chombo.
Kasema was hauled before the magistrate’s court on allegations of criminal abuse of office as a public officer after he ‘nicodemously’ connived to release the travelling document which had been kept by the courts. Provincial Magistrate Vongai Muchuchuti released him on $150 bailwith reporting conditions.
Business Times is reliably informed that prosecutors at NPA have now gone on strike protesting the decision to arrest Kasema.
The arrest of Kasema follows recent revelations that prosecution of corruption cases has been largely frustrated by deep rooted corruption with the Judiciary, NPA and law enforcement agents.
Allegations against Kasema emanate from the court session on May 10, 2019, where Chombo, who is facing criminal abuse of office and fraud applied for the release of his passport.
Kasema consented to the passport being released despite the fact that he knew that Chombo’s passport was being held in respect of two other records which the accused was not handling. He is accused of acting contrary and inconsistent with his duties by consenting to the release of the passport thereby showing favour to Chombo. Source – businesstimes