- 'MDC protests are, a desperate,clueless, terrorist, now G40-Zanu-PF led MDC Chamisa group to take over power, unconstitutionally' Obert Gutu:
- JONATHAN MOYO CALLS ON UN to invade Zimbabwe on grounds of Responsibility to Protect doctrine popularly known as R2P
- Bulawayo business community file urgent High court application to ban the Bulawayo, Monday planned MDC protest
- ' Ntabazinduna Chief Ndiweni was jailed for 18 months as a political sham trial influenced by Zanu-PF and Obert Mpofu.' Coltart
- BREAKING NEWS: MDC National Chairperson Tabitha has been arrested, in Bulawayo shortly after Chief Ndiweni was jailed for 18 months.
Prosecutors with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), have gone on strike in protest over the arrest of Tapiwa Kasema who is under fire for allegedly releasing the passport of former cabinet Minister, Ignatius Chombo.
Kasema was hauled before the magistrate’s court on allegations of criminal abuse of office as a public officer after he ‘nicodemously’ connived to release the travelling document which had been kept by the courts. Provincial Magistrate Vongai Muchuchuti released him on $150 bailwith reporting conditions.
Business Times is reliably informed that prosecutors at NPA have now gone on strike protesting the decision to arrest Kasema.
The arrest of Kasema follows recent revelations that prosecution of corruption cases has been largely frustrated by deep rooted corruption with the Judiciary, NPA and law enforcement agents.
Allegations against Kasema emanate from the court session on May 10, 2019, where Chombo, who is facing criminal abuse of office and fraud applied for the release of his passport.
Kasema consented to the passport being released despite the fact that he knew that Chombo’s passport was being held in respect of two other records which the accused was not handling. He is accused of acting contrary and inconsistent with his duties by consenting to the release of the passport thereby showing favour to Chombo. Source – businesstimes