- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
In what became a high profile case of racism, by the American society, two black African-American men who were quietly waiting for a business friend at Starbucks , were arrested by police for trespassing.
The pair had done nothing apart from peacefully sitting and waiting for their friend, were denied the use of the a restroom. As if that was not enough, a member of staff called the police and police arrived shortly afterwards and arrested the innocent pair.
This is clearly a demonstration of the level of Institutional racism in the police force and the Starbucks chain, as what happened to the pair on that day, was normal to the two organisations and the system, normalises such disgusting illtreatment of blacks.
Today, after tphone video clips of the arrest went viral, Starbucks stores will close for three hours starting at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m., across the US and train approximately 180,000 employees at Starbucks stores and at its headquarters in understanding prejudice and all aspects of bias and experience.
Although, police arrested the pair of black customers for t’respassing’, they later freed the pair without charges. The US police and Starbucks apologized over this openly racist discrimination demonstrated towards the two blacks.
WWW.NEWZIMBABWEVISION.COM says that , while the response by Starbucks is a welcome one, it does not make up enough for the prejudice, hurt and emotional damage, not just to the two victims, but to all who witnessed it whether in person or across mainstream and social media.
This is obviously a simple publicity stunt by the Starbucks chain and will do literally nothing to change the Institutionally racist approach by the police and businesses. They need to do something more radical in terms of eradicating the racial discrimination, removing prejudices against blacks and affording blacks in US, equal opportunities in the society to any other US citizen, black, white, any race or tribe. DISCUSS! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
WWW.NEWZIMBABWEVISION.COM , will play its part , through regular articles, debate and ideas for the nation able to make more informed choices and decisions such as voting. We are not here to please any side and will readily inform the nation if its about the key people in the 2018 harmonised elections, such as Mnangagwa, Chiwenga and Chamisa,..the rest are simply tag alongs, but these are the key figures of massive national interest, and any thing they do, cough, utter a word or wave a hand, must be analysed and made public, and left to the nation to make decisions on how to vote. We are a non partisan entity and our motto is,..INFORMATION IS POWER!- Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 749 1 333 603
for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows
1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 150,263 members
2) ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 31,214 Members
3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 19,142 members
4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,072 likes and
22,070 followers .
Followed by 11,385 people – Sibusiso Ngwenya.