- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution .The Committee which is being set by the Registrar General’s office to vet people who deserve passports has been described as illegal and a violation of the constitution by analysts. Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage official Mr Melusi Matshiya recently told State Media that the committee will be responsible for determining the applicants who should get passports, starting from those wanting to travel on an emergency basis
Constitutional lawyer Shephard Dube said, “The proposed committee is a sharp violation of the Supreme law of the land and the government must be warned that if it proposed by way of seeking to vet who gets a passport or not they will be in sharp violation of section 66 of the constitution.
“Someone is sleeping on their job at the Attorney General’s office. It is the duty of that office to make sure government does not implement illegal decision that will open up litigation cases. We hope they will overturn their decision and respect the freedom of movement which is contained in the bill of rights.”
Section 66 of the Zimbabwean Constitution says: Every citizen has the right to enter Zimbabwe, the right not to be expelled from the country, and the right to a passport or other travel document.
Citizens and people in the country legally have the right to move freely within the country, reside in any part of the country or leave the country.
Matshiya had told the media that the setting up of the committee followed unconfirmed reports that some applicants were being charged up to US$200 by some unscrupulous officials to have passports quickly processed.
“I have instructed the RG to set up a committee to vet applications,” Matshiya was quoted saying. “We want to eliminate corruption because where there is a scarcity, corruption can creep in. But when we have a committee, we can help each other and make an informed decision.”Source – Byo24
WELCOME EVERYONE: 263,806 MEMBERS, 1000 new members a day. A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuos encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, polllution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 263,806 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,097 likes
Followed by 12,667