- COMMUTERS stranded as Bulawayo kombis withdraw service in protest against fuel price hikes and unfair competition from government Zupco buses.
- WAKE UP ZIMBABWE, no one will come to your rescue,-liberate yourselves by making the nation ungovernable
- BULAWAYO Galen House Medical centre founder, former Bulawayo councillor, Dr G. Ferguson, (89) died at Mater Dei Hospital on Monday
- MDC NATIONAL EXECUTIVE, upholds the appeals against Bulawayo and Mashonaland Central provincial congresses.
- Trevor Ncube says 'Zimbabweans demanded removal of 1:1 exchange rate so they must feel the pain of liberalising fuel price by removing 1:1 exchange rate'.
Vambe died at Parirenyatwa hospital yesterday after suffering a stroke last week.
His daughter, Pamela confirmed on the veteran drummers death.
“It is true, my father is no more. He suffered a stroke last week and we took him to Parirenyatwa. We are saddened by this, we are in mourning,” she said.
Vambe is popularly known for the Jerusarema/Mbende drumbeat that is used as a signature on ZBCTV and radio news bulletin.
National Arts Council of Zimbabwe Mashonaland east provincial official Chido Erengwi confirmed that they received the sad news on the passing on of Vambe and that she has since visited the home. Jairos Saunyama.