- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) GOVERNOR MANGUDYA ‘I WILL NOT RESIGN, BOND NOTES ARE SUCCESSFUL!’
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, Governor Dr John Mangudya is adamant that the widely hated use of toilet paper a.k.a bond notes, in use since in 2016 in Zimbabwe in place of currency is very successful
He says he will not resign because the US290 million bond notes in circulation have succeeded in resuscitating Zimbabwean companies and more bond notes will soon be circulated by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
I can only say that 130 years ago when our ancestors were just decending from caves and mountains and surviving of bater trade, no currency , subsistence farming, dressed in leather thongs and cow hide skins covering their bare essentials, nothing much has changed to date, full circle!
A delegation of several Zimbabwe Mnangagwa regime Ministers headed by Finance Minister Patreick Chinamasa will be attending a Zimbabwe Investment Forum: Zimdaba London from Thursday 15th to Friday, 16th March with the aim of attracting investment to Zimbabwe.
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe position as stated above, clears indicates a serious lack of committment by Mnangagwa to resolve the cash crisis that has impoverished Zimbabwe and left the ordinary street person suffering while filthy rich Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats are enjoying their corruptly gained multi millions.
Zimvigil is calling upon Zimbabweans in UK to join protests in London to argue that investors should wait until reforms are in put in place in Zimbabwe by Mnangagwa’s Zanu pf regime, on Thursday / Friday, 15th / 16th March.
The protests will be held at the conference venue, ‘The Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore (corner of Exhibition Road and Kensington Road), London SW7 2AR from 8.30 – 11 am on Thursday 15th March .
The nearest tube station is South Kensington from which point one proceeds to the conference venue, on board bus 360.
The protests are aimed at ensuring that Mnangagwa puts in place Electoral Reforms to ensure Free and fair Elections take place
Welcome to Zimbabwe!
The Zimbabwean government has not been sincere on its commitment to a free, fair and credible harmonised 2018 ballot.
MDC-T leader Nelson Chamisa has told a seven-member SADC Electoral Advisory Council at MDC-T’s headquarters in Harare led by Advocate Leshele Thoahlane, that the recommendations made by SADC in the 2013 election in terms of the implementation of key Electoral reforms has to date still not been done.
The MDC-T secretary general Douglas Mwonzora informed the delegation that Mnangagwa’s government had clearly refused to implement the necessary electoral reforms such as auditing the electoral roll , auditing of the ballot papers and being transparent about the identity of the company that will print the ballot papers for the 2018 harminised elections.
According to the MDC-T , in addressing the SADC delegation, the Mnangagwa’s militarised regime of Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats, by denying the diaspora Zimbabweans, the opportunity to do postal votes, hase blatantly disregarded the new Zimbabwe constitution with regards.
More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya