- CIRCUS: NELSON CHAMISA SAYS HE HAS THE SOLUTIONS TO ZIMBABWE'S ECONOMIC CRISIS and has demanded that the government reverses and refunds Zimbabweans all the money they lost to government through the new tax regime, which deducts two cents on every dollar for electronic transactions.
- DEPOSED EX PRESIDENT MUGABE'S SON IN LAW Simbarashe Chikore (41) has appeared before Harare Provincial Magistrate Elisha Singano on allegations of kidnapping after handing himself in to himself to the police accompanied by his lawyer Jonathan Samukange.
- NORTON MP, Mnangagwa and Mutasa's nephew Temba Mliswa says President Emmerson Mnangagwa must take back the finance ministry from Finance minister Mthuli Ncube as the former Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa was far much better.
- FINANCE and Economic Development Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube has dumped Acie Mutumanje Lumumba, as chairman of the Communications Taskforce in the ministry, three days after his appointment.
- FOUR RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) DIRECTORS SUSPENDED after allegations of crimes ranging from off-the-books bond notes to corrupt allocation of foreign currency and running a foreign currency cartel.
RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) GOVERNOR MANGUDYA ‘I WILL NOT RESIGN, BOND NOTES ARE SUCCESSFUL!’
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, Governor Dr John Mangudya is adamant that the widely hated use of toilet paper a.k.a bond notes, in use since in 2016 in Zimbabwe in place of currency is very successful
He says he will not resign because the US290 million bond notes in circulation have succeeded in resuscitating Zimbabwean companies and more bond notes will soon be circulated by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
I can only say that 130 years ago when our ancestors were just decending from caves and mountains and surviving of bater trade, no currency , subsistence farming, dressed in leather thongs and cow hide skins covering their bare essentials, nothing much has changed to date, full circle!
A delegation of several Zimbabwe Mnangagwa regime Ministers headed by Finance Minister Patreick Chinamasa will be attending a Zimbabwe Investment Forum: Zimdaba London from Thursday 15th to Friday, 16th March with the aim of attracting investment to Zimbabwe.
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe position as stated above, clears indicates a serious lack of committment by Mnangagwa to resolve the cash crisis that has impoverished Zimbabwe and left the ordinary street person suffering while filthy rich Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats are enjoying their corruptly gained multi millions.
Zimvigil is calling upon Zimbabweans in UK to join protests in London to argue that investors should wait until reforms are in put in place in Zimbabwe by Mnangagwa’s Zanu pf regime, on Thursday / Friday, 15th / 16th March.
The protests will be held at the conference venue, ‘The Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore (corner of Exhibition Road and Kensington Road), London SW7 2AR from 8.30 – 11 am on Thursday 15th March .
The nearest tube station is South Kensington from which point one proceeds to the conference venue, on board bus 360.
The protests are aimed at ensuring that Mnangagwa puts in place Electoral Reforms to ensure Free and fair Elections take place
Welcome to Zimbabwe!
The Zimbabwean government has not been sincere on its commitment to a free, fair and credible harmonised 2018 ballot.
MDC-T leader Nelson Chamisa has told a seven-member SADC Electoral Advisory Council at MDC-T’s headquarters in Harare led by Advocate Leshele Thoahlane, that the recommendations made by SADC in the 2013 election in terms of the implementation of key Electoral reforms has to date still not been done.
The MDC-T secretary general Douglas Mwonzora informed the delegation that Mnangagwa’s government had clearly refused to implement the necessary electoral reforms such as auditing the electoral roll , auditing of the ballot papers and being transparent about the identity of the company that will print the ballot papers for the 2018 harminised elections.
According to the MDC-T , in addressing the SADC delegation, the Mnangagwa’s militarised regime of Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats, by denying the diaspora Zimbabweans, the opportunity to do postal votes, hase blatantly disregarded the new Zimbabwe constitution with regards.
More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya