- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Riot police in Harare today ‘fled’ peaceful protesters who had gathered at Africa Unity Square to mark 17 months since the abduction of Itai Dzamaza.
That was after they refused to accept flowers meant to be a show of peace and love.
“Today Zimbabweans gathered in Africa Unity Square to mark 17 months after the abduction of pro democracy activist Itai Dzamara who was abducted by State security agents on March 9 2015 following a wave of protests against President Robert Mugabe” Crisis Coalition Zimbabwe said.
“Today protesters who were led by Sten Zvorwadza marched towards riot police officers who had been deployed to block the Dzamara commemoration with flowers as a show of peace and love.
“The riot police officers however refused to accept the flowers and retreated into their vehicles”.
Dzamara was allegedly abducted by suspected state security agents in March last year.
Despite a court ruling compelling security agents to find Dzamara, the family accuses the police of showing lack of interest in the matter. source-bulawayo24