- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe has challenged President Barack Obama by asking his hand in marriage.
His comment comes at the back of the legalization of gay marriage in the United State by the Supreme Court.
Mugabe in his weekly radio interview with Zimbabwe’s national radio Saturday said, “I’ve just concluded since President Obama endorses the same-sex marriage, advocates homosexual people and enjoys an attractive countenance thus if it becomes necessary , I shall travel to Washington, D.C. , get down on my knee , and ask his [Obama’s] hand.”
“I can’t understand how this people dare to defy Christ’s explicit orders as our Lord prohibited mankind from sodomy,” said the Zimbabwean leader in an interview with ZBC radio, adding, the American Government is run by pervert, Satan-worshipers who insult the Great American nation.
According to awdnews.com, the American tradition and heritage was based on lofty Christian principles, added Mugabe, but to the detriment of this great nation, America’s corrupt political elite is acting according to their diabolic whims.
Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage, the first ever from a sitting president, came amid growing pressure for the president to clarify his previously muddled opinion, as two senior members of his administration announced personal support for gay marriage and a day after voters in North Carolina approved a state constitutional amendment defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
The statement brought an immediate reaction from his prospective opponent at home as well. by Agencies. source-newzimbabwe