- Zimbabwe is experiencing a new beginning aimed at achieving political and economic gain. The media are powerful growth accelerators if handled correctly and we the media have the power to bring positive change
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has appointed Ms Faith Mazani as its new Commissioner-General with effect from 1 February 2018
- "MDC T being the largest opposition must lead by example in picking a leader. As per MDC T Constitution elect leaders at Congress and not handpick them?'-Temba Mliswa
- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
Rugare Gumbo, a former Zanu PF stalwart, who was one of the first key figures to fall, in the ruthless Zanu PF purge of December 2014, has declared that Zanu PF can keep their heroes acre to themselves as long as they intend to to use the honour of burial at the heroes acre as symbolic of or a reward for loyalty to Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe.
Rugare Gumbo’s outburst was triggered by Mugabe and his Zanu PF’s failure to honour the late Zanu PF stalwart Amos Midzi, who died recently, and who was buried at Glen Forest Cemetery in Harare on Saturday.
Rugare Gumbo stated that he is not bothered about being denied a hero status as he owns his own land, thus has his own heroes acre, family and friends and did not participate in the armed struggle for heroes status but rather to free the people of Zimbabwe from colonial oppression. Sibusiso Ngwenya.