- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
RUSAPE-A mentally challenged man from Chief Marange butchered his brother in cold blood, chopped him into pieces and packed his remains in an empty fifty kg bag after he denied him food.
Police confirmed the incident.
Tonderai Kichini 29 of Muchiwanga village has since been arrested by police.
Police spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Luxon Chananda, said on July 10, the deceased Tichaona Kichini, 34, was left to care for his mentally challenged brother Tonderai after their mother went for a funeral in Marange.
On July 12, Tonderai asked Tichaona for the kitchen keys, saying he was hungry and therefore wanted food.
Tichaona refused to hand over the keys and a dispute ensued.
Tonderai picked an iron bar and hit Tichaona on the forehead. Tichaona fell down and Tonderai picked an axe with which he chopped his brother into pieces.
He packed the pieces into an empty 50 kg sack, dug a shallow pit a few metres from the scene and buried the remains.
When their mother returned at night, she saw blood all over and asked Tonderai what had transpired.
Tonderai lied and told his mother he had shot a dove with his catapult and had spilled blood all over.
The following morning, a neighbour, Fungai Taona, saw one of his dogs feasting on a piece of meat which he suspected to be human flesh.
He tracked the dog and was led to the source. The matter was reported to the police and Tonderai was arrested.
The body was taken to Rusape General Hospital mortuary.
Chananda said there was need for maximum supervision of mentally challenged people in the society.
“As the police, we urge the relatives, parents and guardians of people with mental challenges to constantly supervise them and ensure they take their medication all the times,” said Chananda. source-newzimbabwe