- ISRAELI PM BENJAMIN NETANYAHU CHARGED with fraud, breach of trust ,corruption and bribery
- High Court Judge allows Mugabe's cousin, Ignatius Chombo's passport, to be released to him
- FORMER SOUTH AFRICA STATE SECURITY MINISTER Bongani Bongo was arrested on Thursday on charges of corruption.
- LIST OF RENAMED BULAWAYO AND HARARE roads after Emmerson Mnangagwa, John Landa Nkomo, Queen Lozikeyi and South Africa's Oliver Tambo.
- BULAWAYO DOMINICAN CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL shocking 2020 fees.
RUSAPE: A Buhera man who sodomised a teenager, 18, has been slapped with a 15 year jail term by a local magistrate.
Panganai Tangwena, 27, of Tangwena village under Chief Makumbe Buhera will, however, effectively serve 10 years behind bars after five years were suspended on condition of good behavior.
Tangwena denied the charges but Livingstone Chipadze convicted him due to overwhelming evidence. Tangwena was not represented.
Public prosecutor Tirivanhu Mutyasira said on August 31 last year, Tangwena went to Mwerihari River and found the teenager from the same village doing some laundry.
Tangwena then grabbed the teenager from the back and forcibly removed his pants and sodomised him. The lad screamed but no one came to his rescue.
“I was overpowered and he raped me,” the boy said while testifying in court.
Tangwena denied the allegations, saying he was not in the area on the date the offence was reportedly committed but a medical report submitted to the State proved that indeed the boy was sodomised.
Chipadze said a custodial sentence was appropriate to deter would-be offenders as such cases were on the increase in the province.
He said such behaviour was not acceptable in any modern society, adding that adults had a duty to protect the weak. source-newzimbabwe