- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
- ZIMBABWE ARMY AND POLICE have sealed all access into the capital city Harare, with no civilians being allowed into CBD
- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
Bubi district environmental officer Mr Sydney Muyambi confirmed the development.
“There is a Russian company called Glernaton, which comes along Mbembesi river exploring for garnet, which is a rock which forms in an area where there are diamonds. Every year they come looking for that mineral,” Mr Muyambi said.
Garnet is a precious stone, but describes a group of several closely related minerals.
Garnets come in a variety of colours and have many different varieties. However, the most widely-known colour of garnet gemstones is dark red.
Mines and Mining Development Deputy Minister told Sunday News that there were numerous kimberlite pipes in Bubi but said the distribution stretches up to Binga district.
“Of course there are kimberlites in Bubi which stretch up to Lupane and Binga, this is indicated by our traditional geological map. I am, however, not aware that there is a company that is mining for garnet but garnets are a host for diamonds,” Moyo said.
Source: Sunday News