- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
BEITBRIDGE – Rough diamonds and gold worth more than R2m were confiscated at Beitbridge border post, the SA Revenue Service (Sars) said.
“Vigilant customs officials discovered rough diamonds and gold hidden in a traveller’s belongings at the Beitbridge border post on Wednesday, 2 September.
“During an inspection of goods in a truck from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Sars Confiscates ‘Rough Diamonds & Gold’, Worth R2Million+ At B.Bridge officials noticed unusual objects in certain of the boxes being transported.”
Different types of rough stones were found in a sealed container, including:
– 143.35g of suspected gold,
– 63.54g of suspected black diamonds,
– 67.58g of suspected diamonds,
– 173.10g of suspected uncut industrial diamonds,
– 10.36g of suspected clear uncut diamonds and
– 566.87g of suspected industrial diamonds.
“The estimated value of all suspected diamonds is R2 263 501 and the estimated value of the suspected gold is R17 497,” Sars said in a statement.Source – news24