- OVER 1 800 machete wielding Zimbabwean thugs arrested in January 2020 as police clamp down on criminals wreaking havoc in mining areas, Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe said yesterday.
- NO PERMANANT FRIENDS IN ZANU PF, AS President Emmerson Mnangagwa targets farms belonging to former Foreign Affairs minister Walter Mzembi, Mandi Chimene and other top allies of the late Mugabe to swat the Zanu pf G40 faction.
- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
BEITBRIDGE – Rough diamonds and gold worth more than R2m were confiscated at Beitbridge border post, the SA Revenue Service (Sars) said.
“Vigilant customs officials discovered rough diamonds and gold hidden in a traveller’s belongings at the Beitbridge border post on Wednesday, 2 September.
“During an inspection of goods in a truck from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Sars Confiscates ‘Rough Diamonds & Gold’, Worth R2Million+ At B.Bridge officials noticed unusual objects in certain of the boxes being transported.”
Different types of rough stones were found in a sealed container, including:
– 143.35g of suspected gold,
– 63.54g of suspected black diamonds,
– 67.58g of suspected diamonds,
– 173.10g of suspected uncut industrial diamonds,
– 10.36g of suspected clear uncut diamonds and
– 566.87g of suspected industrial diamonds.
“The estimated value of all suspected diamonds is R2 263 501 and the estimated value of the suspected gold is R17 497,” Sars said in a statement.Source – news24