- ZIMBABWE TIGHTENS COVID-19 LOCKDOWN-President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his cabinet have resolved to impose stiffer lockdown measures to combat the spread of the deadly Coronvirus pandemic.
- ZINDZI MANDELA (59) , DAUGHTER OF THE LATE Nelson Mandela and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela and also the South African ambassador to Denmark has died.
- MDC-Alliance leader Advocate Nelson Chamisa has appointed his deputy Professor Welshman Ncube as acting party president with immediate effect.
- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
ZIMBABWE PETROL PRICE RISE in a week since the last increase is not now $9.09 per litre. ZERA announced the new prices on social media Sunday evening. The price of Petrol will now be $9.09 cents, slightly up from $9.01. Diesel will now be at $9.27, up from $9.06, a price increase set 3 August 2019 only a week ago.
The Minister of Finance and Economic Development Mthuli Ncubesaid claimed he would like the fuel price to go up to the equivalent of US $1 hence the frequent price increases.
www.newzimbabwevision.com says that fuel price increase is always matched by basic food and day to day items increases or shortages in shops because of the instability amd unpredictable nature of the shambolic Mnangagwa Militarised Zanu pf economic policies. Anyone who falsely believes that the forthcoming MDC mother of all protests starting 16 August 2019 will not brimg change, is living on cloud nine. Wake up Zimbabwe….16 August 2019, everyone out in the streets and lets destabilise the oppressive regime and make Zimbabwe ungovernable until effective Electoral Reforms are put in place, no going back home no matter how long it takes to clean up the last vestiges of Zanu pf. Mugabe is gone, Mnangagwa and his militarised Zanu pf will fall! The power is in your hands, the people have the power! ..Sibusiso Ngwenya.