- FORMER, ZANU PF, NATIONAL SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION, Didymus Mutasa (84) bounces back into Zanu-PF
- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
They also insisted that parents or guardians who accept lobola from men who marry under-age children should face prosecution together with the culprits.
Legislators were debating a motion by MDC-T senator for Midlands Mrs Lilian Timveous, calling for the enactment and enforcement of laws raising the age of marriage from 16 to 18 years for both boys and girls.
MDC-T senator for Matabeleland North, Ms Rosemary Nyathi said castration was the only deterrent measure against pedophiles.
“When goats are a problem, they are castrated. So all those men who target children should also be castrated because they are rapists,” she said.
“Those who say 12-year-olds are wives are rapists who must be castrated. One cannot die from castration so they should live to regret their actions.
“Traditional leaders must ensure that parents who allow children who are under 18 years old to be married must be arrested together with those men.”
ZANU-PF senator for Matabeleland South, Alma Mkhwebu supported the call for raising marriage age to 18 years.
“It should be made mandatory for both boys and girls that they should marry when they have reached at least 18 years.
“The debate has concentrated on girls only but boys also need to be protected because there are some who are marrying older women who are good enough to be their mothers or grandmothers because they are wealthy.
“We don’t want those boys to be abused, so they should also be protected,” said Mkhwebu.
Senate President Edna Madzongwe hailed Mkhwebu for bringing a new dimension to the debate by also talking about the need to protect boys who are under 18 years old. by Lloyd Gumbo. Source: the herald