- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
According to IOL, the department has warned other employees involved in this type of crime to stop immediately as they too would face the same fate.
After a prolonged investigation, the Hawks and the department eventually got their man, arresting the 43-year-old assistant director moments after he had reported for work.
He was settling in for the day in his office when the Hawks cracked the whip on corruption and pounced on him at the department’s offices in Sophie de Bruyn Street in the city centre.
Matsipa is believed to be part of a syndicate selling South African ID documents for between R3 000 and R23 000.
The official’s arrest is seen as just the tip of the iceberg, as the department believes that at least 42 other people were part of the syndicate – and all have been warned they would be arrested soon.
His co-accused, Pakistani national Wahdat Hussain, 30, had been arrested earlier in the day, following the investigation by the Hawks and the department’s counter-corruption team.
The pair were allegedly producing up to 500 South African ID documents and issuing them for between R3 000 and R23 000 each. Source: IOL