- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
A total of 27 people who include 19 men and eight women associated with the charges relating to the death of the six people The state prosecutor Michael Reza opposed bail on the grounds that that: “There’s more than a likelihood that they will reoffend, they will intimidate witnesses, they will interfere with evidence and they will not attend trial,” Mr Reza is quoted as saying.
He added “These are people with unfinished work business outside. The deaths of six people… are directly linked to the accused.” More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya