- DOG and donkey meat in Bulawayo, now several Harare butcheries closed down for using embalming chemicals as meat preservatives,-take away anyone?
- ISRAELI PM BENJAMIN NETANYAHU CHARGED with fraud, breach of trust ,corruption and bribery
- High Court Judge allows Mugabe's cousin, Ignatius Chombo's passport, to be released to him
- FORMER SOUTH AFRICA STATE SECURITY MINISTER Bongani Bongo was arrested on Thursday on charges of corruption.
- LIST OF RENAMED BULAWAYO AND HARARE roads after Emmerson Mnangagwa, John Landa Nkomo, Queen Lozikeyi and South Africa's Oliver Tambo.
Zimbabwe’s political crisis, and continued oppression by President Robert Mugabe and his Zanu PF, can, in a sense be attributed to the failure of opposition forces all along, to come together in a Grand coalition, and create a formidable opposition capable of unseating Mugabe and his Zanu PF in 2018.
This was mainly due to their failure to see beyond personalisation of parties, along with the jostling for leadership of the coalition. No one wanted to be led by the other and brainwashed support bases fuelled the crisis by legitimising the divisions.
However, the situation may be slowly drawing to an end as a total of five opposition forces have drawn up an alliance, namely Mavambo Kusile Dawn led by Simba Makoni, Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Professor Welshman Ncube and the Renewal Democrats of Zimbabwe led by Elton Mangoma to unseat the despot Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe and his Zanu-PF in the forth coming 2018 general elections.
The fired Zanu PF , former Zimbabwe Vice President Joice Mujuru and her Zimbabwe People First Party (ZPF), and the largest opposition force, MDC T led by Richard Morgan Tsvangirai are reportedly keen to join the formidable opposition force, Tendai Biti’s People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the Zapu party led by the former Zipra Intelligence supremo, Dumiso Dabengwa are in the process of consulting their members on the way forward before joining the opposition forces coalition. By sibusiso Ngwenya