- RAPID COVID-19 TESTING from UK airport before checking in for departing flights, begins. Passengers flying from Heathrow to Hong Kong and Italy on Tuesday will be the first to have the option of paying for a rapid Covid test before checking in.
- BULAWAYO'S water shortages, ageing water and sewer infrastructure lead to mass diarrhoea cases in Queens Park suburb .
- A GWERU man in docks, desperate to have charges quashed, proposed , complainant said yes, court said-14 yrs jail!
- '20 Form 4 pupils at Loreto High School, Midlands have been suspended over group sexual activities in July'.
- THREE PEOPLE DIED WHEN A SPEEDING KOMBI OVERTURNED this morning after a tyre burst at Ealing farm, Mvurwi.
Zimbabwe’s political crisis, and continued oppression by President Robert Mugabe and his Zanu PF, can, in a sense be attributed to the failure of opposition forces all along, to come together in a Grand coalition, and create a formidable opposition capable of unseating Mugabe and his Zanu PF in 2018.
This was mainly due to their failure to see beyond personalisation of parties, along with the jostling for leadership of the coalition. No one wanted to be led by the other and brainwashed support bases fuelled the crisis by legitimising the divisions.
However, the situation may be slowly drawing to an end as a total of five opposition forces have drawn up an alliance, namely Mavambo Kusile Dawn led by Simba Makoni, Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Professor Welshman Ncube and the Renewal Democrats of Zimbabwe led by Elton Mangoma to unseat the despot Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe and his Zanu-PF in the forth coming 2018 general elections.
The fired Zanu PF , former Zimbabwe Vice President Joice Mujuru and her Zimbabwe People First Party (ZPF), and the largest opposition force, MDC T led by Richard Morgan Tsvangirai are reportedly keen to join the formidable opposition force, Tendai Biti’s People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the Zapu party led by the former Zipra Intelligence supremo, Dumiso Dabengwa are in the process of consulting their members on the way forward before joining the opposition forces coalition. By sibusiso Ngwenya