- A SENIOR SCOTLAND YARD officer has been convicted of possessing a video showing a child being sexually abused.
- Swedish prosecutors drop their preliminary investigation into rape allegation against WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, ending a seven-year legal standoff.
- BULAWAYO BULLY BOY (16) arrested for allegedly demanding protection fee and stabbing another boy (16) thrice with an Okapi knife
- Johanne Masowe eChishanu apostolic sect leader Edward Manyara (67) has died in an accident at Maplanka area, along the Harare-Bulawayo Highway.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA APPOINTS two new Permanent Secretaries, Engineer Silibaziso Chizwina and Dr John Basera
‘SHOCKING NEWS:’CHAMISA had an AK56 rifle, used in armed robbery and shot two people ‘.
Prophet, Christopher Chamisa (26) and his nephew, Garikai Siziba (19) both of Village 4 Munyamani, Chief Maranda in Mwenezi District armed themselves with an AK56 rifle and raided two shops before they went away with cash amounting to $114, US$70 and R11 608.
A Self-proclaimed prophet and his nephew who ganged up and robbed two shops at Jalukange Business Centre in Beitbridge District after firing 25 bullets, shooting two people leading to the death of one of them have each sentenced to 25 years in jail.
The prophet, Christopher Chamisa (26) and his nephew, Garikai Siziba (19) both of Village 4 Munyamani, Chief Maranda in Mwenezi District armed themselves with an AK56 rifle and raided two shops before they went away with cash amounting to $114, US$70 and R11 608.
Chamisa and Siziba were convicted of murder with constructive intent by Bulawayo High Court judge Justice Martin Makonese in connection with the death of Mr Dion Muleya (48) of Beitbridge.
In passing the sentence, Justice Makonese although the two accused persons were first offenders who showed remorse, their moral blameworthiness was very high warranting a lengthy prison term.
He condemned the two men’s actions saying the court had a duty to protect the sanctity of human life. – chronicle