- AFRICA, DOES IT THE NATIVE WAY AS VILLAGERS invigilate O and A level exams in Karoi, Zvishavane, Mberengwa, Mutare, Uzumba, Maramba and Pfungwe,
- MDC-T LEADER THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS EXPELLED EIGHT SENATORS from parliament as they no longer represent the interests of the MDC-T party with effect from June 30 June 2020
- PAKISTAN-180 PASSENGERS RETURNING TO SOUTH AFRICA AND ZIMBABWE, RELIEVED AFTER 'MAZAMBURA RURAL BUS SERVICE' -a.ka.a Air Zimbabwe' 8767-200 ER aircraft with 17 crew and 2 passengers emergency landing,-this time it had not run out of fuel, just the left engine shut down!
- OVER 42 NURSES AND 26 STUDENT NURSES AT THE UNITED BULAWAYO HOSPITALS (UBH) quarantined following the death of a 79-year-old woman who succumbed to Covid-19 last week.
- A GWANDA miner(31) , allegedly strangling his workmate and dumping the body on a railway line, where it was crushed by a train to conceal the murder.
Highlanders had indicated that it was not fulfilling the game as it could not assemble a team.This afternoon, Zifa said the cancellation was due to the burial of the national hero, Aguy Georgias at the national heroes acre tomorrow (Tuesday).
Below is the full Zifa statement :
21 December 2015
CANCELLATION OF THE ZIFA UNITY CUP
The Zimbabwe Football Association would like to inform the football fraternity and the nation of the cancellation of the 2015 ZIFA Unity Cup.
The cancellation has been compelled by the burial of the national hero, Cde Aguy Georgias at the national heroes acre tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Zimbabwe remains grateful to Dynamos, Caps United and Bulawayo City who had agreed to participate.
Meanwhile the Association joins the nation in mourning Cde Aguy Georgias.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Georgias family in this time of grief and we encourage them to seek comfort and solace in the almighty.
May his soul rest in eternal peace.
DR PHILLIP CHIYANGWA