- IRAN’S PARLIAMENT has approved the ‘hijab and chastity' bill’; with harsh punishments for violations for violators of a mandatory dress code, including fines and prison terms.
- NELSON Chamisa, who leads (CCC) a party with neither structures nor constitution, was ejected from a Belvedere house due to failure to pay rentals
- RISHI Sunak has announced green policy changes
- BROOKE BRUK JOHNSON (21) wins Miss Universe Zimbabwe 2023
- VICTORIA FALLS residents accuse CHAMISA of dictatorial tendencies and seeking to impose non local candidates ahead of polls
Highlanders had indicated that it was not fulfilling the game as it could not assemble a team.This afternoon, Zifa said the cancellation was due to the burial of the national hero, Aguy Georgias at the national heroes acre tomorrow (Tuesday).
Below is the full Zifa statement :
21 December 2015
CANCELLATION OF THE ZIFA UNITY CUP
The Zimbabwe Football Association would like to inform the football fraternity and the nation of the cancellation of the 2015 ZIFA Unity Cup.
The cancellation has been compelled by the burial of the national hero, Cde Aguy Georgias at the national heroes acre tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Zimbabwe remains grateful to Dynamos, Caps United and Bulawayo City who had agreed to participate.
Meanwhile the Association joins the nation in mourning Cde Aguy Georgias.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Georgias family in this time of grief and we encourage them to seek comfort and solace in the almighty.
May his soul rest in eternal peace.
DR PHILLIP CHIYANGWA