- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
MDC Alliance vice chairman Job Sikhala has appeared before a Bikita Magistrates Court facing subversion charges after he allegedly said his party was going to overthrow the Government before 2023.
Sikhala, who is also the Zengeza West National Assembly representative was remanded in custody to July 24 when he appeared before Ms Marewanazvo Gofa, for initial remand, this morning. Through his lawyer Mr Alec Muchadehama, Sikhala had made an application to be released from custody arguing that police detained him beyond the stipulated legal limit.
However, Ms Gofa threw out the application for lacking merit. This was after the state led by Messers Takunda Chikwati,Elson Chavarika and Chiedza Muhwandavaka had opposed the application saying it was false that Sikhala had been over-detained. Sikhala will now approach the High Court for bail.
More details to follow….Source – the herald
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 206,793Members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,313 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers.Followed by 12,381 peopleManages Newzimbabwevision