- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
- BRITAINS SECOND FEMALE PM, THERESA MAY WILL RESIGN as Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party on 7 June 2019.
- BEITBRIDGE woman (19) tried selling child for a Nissan Caravan, Honda Fit and Altezza in exchange for child's body parts to promote her business
- ZIMBABWEAN WOMAN (38) caught smuggling R2 million meth drug into South Africa from Zimbabwe via Beitbridge Border Post
- 45 YEAR OLD WOMAN arrested in Marondera after she was found in possession of 52kg of cannabis/ dagga/mbanje/weed.
A 35-year-old-man from Silobela shot patrons at Dam Site Bottle Store at Insukamini Business Centre after an argument, leaving one dead and another critically injured.
The incident occurred on Independence Day at around 11pm when Mike Mlilo of Magola Village under Chief Masila in Silobela opened fire on patrons who were drinking beer at the bottle store after they accused him of flashing them with his vehicle lights.
Mlilo allegedly shot Gift Bhebhe in the neck and Xolani Magigwana in the left thigh. Bhebhe died on the spot while Magigwana is battling for life at Lower Gweru Mission Hospital.
Mlilo appeared before Gweru magistrate Beaulity Dube on murder and attempted murder charges on Tuesday. He was not asked to plead and was remanded in custody to May 3. Mlilo was advised to apply for bail at the High Court.
For the State, Mr Lovemore Mahachi said that on April 18, Mlilo was driving a white Ford Ranger twin cab and dropped off Innocent Mkandla at Dam Site Bottle Store, Insukamini Business Centre. He said as Mlilo parked his vehicle, he was approached by a group of patrons that had machetes, knives and stones, who accused him of flashing them with his headlights.
This, he said, led to a heated argument, resulting in Mlilo pulling out his Beretta 7.6 millimetre pistol and firing at Magigwana, hitting him in the thighs. Mlilo allegedly fired a second shot which hit Bhebhe in the throat.
Mr Mahachi said Bhebhe collapsed and started bleeding profusely while Magigwana also fell to the ground. Their colleagues fled in different directions. Bhebhe and Magigwana were rushed to Lower Gweru Mission Hospital where Bhebhe was pronounced dead on arrival.
Magigwana sustained serious internal injuries and is battling for life at the hospital.
The matter was reported to police leading to Mlilo’s arrest. Source – the herald