- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
- AMERICA BURNS AS BLACKS FIGHT SYSTEMIC RACISM, see photos as protests spread across US over George Floyd death.
- ZANU PF WEALTH AND POWER MONOPOLY'-Mnangagwa's top bodyguard Valdano Brown, lands lucrative Covid-19 supply deals
- 14 MALAWIANS REPATRIATED BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY after staging a three-day hunger strike to protest their quarantine at Masvingo Teachers.
The deceased had just left the Beitbridge Border Post when their car, a small pick-up truck, veered off the road and hit a tree before exploding.
Matabeleland South provincial police spokesperson Chief Inspector Philisani Ndebele confirmed the incident, but did not provide further details.
“We have received information on that accident where six people died, but details are still sketchy. Police are on the ground,” Ndebele said from his Gwanda base.
Sources said the car had just left the border post when the accident happened.
“All six were burnt beyond recognition and their remains were taken to Beitbridge Hospital mortuary,” a source said.
The accident follows a similar one in which 33 people aboard a Brookline bus travelling to Beitbridge were burnt beyond recognition when a gas tank exploded, setting the bus on fire.