- MAUSOLEUM"We want you to lead this country from your grave, while you lie at the National Heroes Acre,” Gucci Grace
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA constructing a mausoleum at the National Heroes' Acre hill top where the former leader will be buried,
- At least 11 HEADS of state, 8 ex African Presidents had by yesterday confirmed their attendance at Mugabe’s State funeral service
- MUGABE , DEAD: 'A diarrhoea outbreak spreads across Harare, with hundreds affected', Harare Health Services dir Chonzi
- 22 injured after kombi with school children did not give way, and collided with a car at the intersection of Luveve and Masiyephambili roads in Emakhandeni, Bulawayo.
The deceased had just left the Beitbridge Border Post when their car, a small pick-up truck, veered off the road and hit a tree before exploding.
Matabeleland South provincial police spokesperson Chief Inspector Philisani Ndebele confirmed the incident, but did not provide further details.
“We have received information on that accident where six people died, but details are still sketchy. Police are on the ground,” Ndebele said from his Gwanda base.
Sources said the car had just left the border post when the accident happened.
“All six were burnt beyond recognition and their remains were taken to Beitbridge Hospital mortuary,” a source said.
The accident follows a similar one in which 33 people aboard a Brookline bus travelling to Beitbridge were burnt beyond recognition when a gas tank exploded, setting the bus on fire.