- ZINDZI MANDELA (59) , DAUGHTER OF THE LATE Nelson Mandela and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela and also the South African ambassador to Denmark has died.
- MDC-Alliance leader Advocate Nelson Chamisa has appointed his deputy Professor Welshman Ncube as acting party president with immediate effect.
- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
So far Harare, Chitungwiza and Mutare have nominated Biti.
The Renewal Team has been run by an interim executive since it weaned itself from the Morgan Tsvangirai led-MDC-T last year.
A party official said Biti has been nominated to be the president, deputised by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo while Gorden Moyo would be the secretary-general and deputised by Tongai Matutu.
Former MDC-T women’s assembly boss Lucia Matibenga was nominated as chairperson, Last Maengehama (vice-chairperson) Solomon Madzore (national organising secretary), Reggie Moyo (vice organising secretary) and Jacob Mafume (secretary for information and publicity).
Former Mbizo MP Settlement Chikwinya was nominated secretary for elections, Willias Madzimure (international relations), Evelyn Masaiti (women affairs) and Benson Ntini treasurer, the official said.
Renewal Team spokesperson Jacob Mafume confirmed to Newsday that the conventions were held to select provincial and national leadership ahead of the party’s national congress but refused to give details saying he would rather wait until the process was over. Source: newsday