- 10 ZIMRA OFFICIALS, SEVERAL CUSTOMS AGENTS arrested for 'smuggling vehicles into Zimbabwe-102 vehicles recovered so far'
- 'FORMER Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko seeks presidential immunity from prosecution arguing that his rights are being trampled upon '
- MAN CHARGED WITH DISORDERLY CONDUCT in a public place after dressing his dog in a t-shirt emblazoned with Mnangagwa's face.
- ACCIDENT-5DEAD, 11 injured in kombi crash after the driver lost control near Morgenster Mission Hospital Wednesday morning.
- NEWSDAY INTERVIEW WITH 'AIPPA/ POSA ARCHITECT self-exiled Jonathan Moyo, attempting to appear the victim of a coup that never was'
So far Harare, Chitungwiza and Mutare have nominated Biti.
The Renewal Team has been run by an interim executive since it weaned itself from the Morgan Tsvangirai led-MDC-T last year.
A party official said Biti has been nominated to be the president, deputised by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo while Gorden Moyo would be the secretary-general and deputised by Tongai Matutu.
Former MDC-T women’s assembly boss Lucia Matibenga was nominated as chairperson, Last Maengehama (vice-chairperson) Solomon Madzore (national organising secretary), Reggie Moyo (vice organising secretary) and Jacob Mafume (secretary for information and publicity).
Former Mbizo MP Settlement Chikwinya was nominated secretary for elections, Willias Madzimure (international relations), Evelyn Masaiti (women affairs) and Benson Ntini treasurer, the official said.
Renewal Team spokesperson Jacob Mafume confirmed to Newsday that the conventions were held to select provincial and national leadership ahead of the party’s national congress but refused to give details saying he would rather wait until the process was over. Source: newsday