- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
- POLICE BESEIGED MDC HQ in Harare and barred officials from accessing the offices pending a Supreme court judgment to determine the rightful President of the party.
- BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT RULES MDC Chamisa is not the legitimate President of the party and that Thokozani Khupe is the party's interim president
- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
So far Harare, Chitungwiza and Mutare have nominated Biti.
The Renewal Team has been run by an interim executive since it weaned itself from the Morgan Tsvangirai led-MDC-T last year.
A party official said Biti has been nominated to be the president, deputised by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo while Gorden Moyo would be the secretary-general and deputised by Tongai Matutu.
Former MDC-T women’s assembly boss Lucia Matibenga was nominated as chairperson, Last Maengehama (vice-chairperson) Solomon Madzore (national organising secretary), Reggie Moyo (vice organising secretary) and Jacob Mafume (secretary for information and publicity).
Former Mbizo MP Settlement Chikwinya was nominated secretary for elections, Willias Madzimure (international relations), Evelyn Masaiti (women affairs) and Benson Ntini treasurer, the official said.
Renewal Team spokesperson Jacob Mafume confirmed to Newsday that the conventions were held to select provincial and national leadership ahead of the party’s national congress but refused to give details saying he would rather wait until the process was over. Source: newsday